+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would love some help

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
I applied for my spouse who is in the Caribbean on June 11

Applied June 11 2023
Received letter to do medical Aug 22 2023
Medical completed and uploaded September 14 2023

Since then is has been sitting in the background verification check and has made no movement.

He already has his biometrics in the system.

I saw other people in this forum apply for their spouse in other countries around the same time and they got through already. Is there a reason why the Carribean is not going as quickly?

We applied for visitors visa as Trudeau said spouse in the system won't be refused and will be processed quicker. We applied Nov 18 2023 and as of today January 18 2024, we still have not heard anything.

This is so fustrating, any help, input would be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Applied June 11 2023

Since then is has been sitting in the background verification check and has made no movement.

I saw other people in this forum apply for their spouse in other countries around the same time and they got through already. Is there a reason why the Carribean is not going as quickly?

We applied for visitors visa as Trudeau said spouse in the system won't be refused and will be processed quicker. We applied Nov 18 2023 and as of today January 18 2024, we still have not heard anything.

Trudeau/Miller/Fraser never guaranteed that all spouses will be approved for TRVs. They have made it easier for spouses to get TRVs and get OWPs when waiting for sponsorship. Length of processing for TRVs comes down to how strong the profile is. It also appears that your husband is going through a manual review versus being assessed by AI. Typically when being assessed by a person it is not unusual for it to take months. Also holiday time didn’t have normal processing time. Does your relationship have any red flags? Age difference? Language or religious differences? How many times have you visited each other in person? How many times did you visit each other before getting married? Does your spouse have a good job in their home country? Their own savings? Theses are just a few of the questions that will be considered.

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
Thanks for your response.

We were together for a year got married in Jamaica, over 20 of my family members flew into the wedding. And he had maybe 10 flying as well. We had an intimate wedding with only 50ppl.

Prior to the wedding I was there every 2 to 3 months. I also had trip where I brought my kids to meet him. He is a restaurant manager for the past 11 years and sole provider for his 2 kids. We took a vacation together and we have all the documents to support everything. He also has his own savings.

Same religious beliefs I even flew my pastor down to Jamaica to marry us. No huge age difference 6 years apart.

The frustration is real though. I'm trying to see if there is a way to contact them to find out if there is an issue.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
He is a restaurant manager for the past 11 years and sole provider for his 2 kids. We took a vacation together and we have all the documents to support everything. He also has his own savings.
The frustration is real though. I'm trying to see if there is a way to contact them to find out if there is an issue.
There was a reference to or article somewhere - I'm sorry, I do not have the info to hand - specifically about high levels of marriage fraud with Jamaican applicants; if I remember correctly, it was Jamaican men with previous relationships (and children) who left sponsors soon after getting PR status. In many cases, with another or previous spouse/relationship ongoing (hidden from the sponsor).

I've no connection to this and no opinion on the subject - but from your brief description, there is a possibility the profile itself is a 'red flag' that will be subject to careful review by IRCC. Hope I'm wrong but you deserve to know.

You should order gcms notes.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Applied June 11 2023

Did you compare the timeline with other application from the same country. It's maybe just longer for processing in certain VO or getting background information from those countrires.

Sep - Jan isn't really that long. 12 months I think is the average timeline for most (so you are 7 months in). If you are concern, order GCMS notes

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response.

We were together for a year got married in Jamaica, over 20 of my family members flew into the wedding. And he had maybe 10 flying as well. We had an intimate wedding with only 50ppl.

Prior to the wedding I was there every 2 to 3 months. I also had trip where I brought my kids to meet him. He is a restaurant manager for the past 11 years and sole provider for his 2 kids. We took a vacation together and we have all the documents to support everything. He also has his own savings.

Same religious beliefs I even flew my pastor down to Jamaica to marry us. No huge age difference 6 years apart.

Join discussions in the Kingston thread. You will get the best info there.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured