+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would love some help.... please.

Martinapb

Feb 27, 2015
Hello everybody , I am a pr in Canada since 86 and would like to sponsor my husband , we have been married for 9 years and my husband has been staying with me in Canada all this time as a visitor. Now were starting the process but a bit of confusing:
If person is staying in Canada (from the Netherlands) can we still do an outland ?
Do most people have to go for interview and what are reasons for needing an interview ?
What is the required financial must have to be able to sponsor a husband ?
Besides criminal what are reasons for denial ?
When their was a few unpaid things 10 years ago could you be denied for that ?
Can we travel if outland appl started ?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Also : if husband is staying in Canada , his adress is here with me , is that ok to put on the outland application form

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Martinapb said:
Hello everybody , I am a pr in Canada since 86 and would like to sponsor my husband , we have been married for 9 years and my husband has been staying with me in Canada all this time as a visitor. Now were starting the process but a bit of confusing:
If person is staying in Canada (from the Netherlands) can we still do an outland ?
Do most people have to go for interview and what are reasons for needing an interview ?
What is the required financial must have to be able to sponsor a husband ?
Besides criminal what are reasons for denial ?
When their was a few unpaid things 10 years ago could you be denied for that ?
Can we travel if outland appl started ?
Thanks to anyone in advance.
I can answer you partially.
Staying inside canada has nothing to do with applying in/outland.
There are no such financial req, the sponsor should not be on welfare and should ve paying taxes.
Interviews are conducted when the VO finds some red flags in the case, anything that may raise question on the genuiness of the relationship would be the red flag. A misrepresentation can be denial to case and so many other reasons too.
Seniors can tell you more correct and complete guide.
All the best

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I suggest you to read the very first page of this forum link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

It will help with lots of information, for sure. :D

Martinapb

Feb 27, 2015
handsup said:
There are no such financial req, the sponsor should not be on welfare and should ve paying taxes.
Interviews are conducted when the VO finds some red flags in the case, anything that may raise question on the genuiness of the relationship would be the red flag. A misrepresentation can be denial to case and so many other reasons too.
All the best
[/quote

Thanks so much. Since we have been married 9 years and have known each other since 82 , and no criminal record would we still be asked for interview ?

marlasinger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014 Decision Made..:29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-01-2015
1. you can still apply outland. where the applicant is living has nothing to do with filing inland or outland.

2. i would say most people do not have to go for interviews. if they are called for one, it is usually because the VO doubts the relationship is genuine. if you can prove/show you've had a 20+ year relationship with your husband, the odds of him being called for an interview are slim to none.

3. there is no financial requirement/income requirement. however, the sponsor can't be on social assistance (ie. welfare), can't have declared bankruptcy that hasn't been discharged, can't be in default of another sponsorship agreement (ie. you sponsored a previous spouse who then went on welfare), and can't be in default for child support

4. in general, someone might be denied for criminal history, misrepresentation (lying on your application about anything), if the VO believes the relationship is not genuine, or if the applicant is judged to have major health issues that CIC feels would make him/her a danger to public health/safety. I'm sure there are others, but you'd have to get specific answers from people who have been denied.

5. What kind of unpaid things? Are you talking about as the sponsor or as the applicant. I know for sure something like unpaid child support could be a problem (see answer 3.) you have to be more specific with this question.

6. Yes you can travel, however people could best answer the question if we knew how your husband has been in Canada for 9 years? Does he have legal visitor status or is he illegal? if he's illegal and leaves the country, you'd probably find you have a difficult time with CBSA/getting back into Canada.

7. yes, you can put the canadian address on the application.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Martinapb said:
handsup said:
All the best
[/quote

Thanks so much. Since we have been married 9 years and have known each other since 82 , and no criminal record would we still be asked for interview ?
Its very unlikely there will be an interview for you. As mentioned in the earlier posts, most interviews are schedule since the officer see something of a red flag in the relationship (they met recently and got married etc) if you have been married for 9 years and know each other since 82 you shouldnt have a problem.

If he is staying in Canada then you will put the current address where he is

Martinapb

Feb 27, 2015
marlasinger said:
1. you can still apply outland. where the applicant is living has nothing to do with filing inland or outland.

2. i would say most people do not have to go for interviews. if they are called for one, it is usually because the VO doubts the relationship is genuine. if you can prove/show you've had a 20+ year relationship with your husband, the odds of him being called for an interview are slim to none.

3. there is no financial requirement/income requirement. however, the sponsor can't be on social assistance (ie. welfare), can't have declared bankruptcy that hasn't been discharged, can't be in default of another sponsorship agreement (ie. you sponsored a previous spouse who then went on welfare), and can't be in default for child support

4. in general, someone might be denied for criminal history, misrepresentation (lying on your application about anything), if the VO believes the relationship is not genuine, or if the applicant is judged to have major health issues that CIC feels would make him/her a danger to public health/safety. I'm sure there are others, but you'd have to get specific answers from people who have been denied.

5. What kind of unpaid things? Are you talking about as the sponsor or as the applicant. I know for sure something like unpaid child support could be a problem (see answer 3.) you have to be more specific with this question.

6. Yes you can travel, however people could best answer the question if we knew how your husband has been in Canada for 9 years? Does he have legal visitor status or is he illegal? if he's illegal and leaves the country, you'd probably find you have a difficult time with CBSA/getting back into Canada.

7. yes, you can put the canadian address on the application.

Thank you so much for the help..........
My husband has always had a visitor status in Canada , we would renew it always before expiry.
And there were some unpaid bills from about ten years ago, for my husband in the Netherlands.