+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would I be eligible to migrate to Canada?

ch5638

Nov 18, 2018
I have always been interested in living in Canada at some point so I was wondering if in 2-3 years time from now I will be able to.
I am from Greece and by then I will be 25 years old.
I would like to work in Ontario ideally.
Qualifications:
Diploma of Business(from Australia)
Certificate in patisserie/baking(from Greece)
Work experience:1-2 years as a pastrycook/baker
Language:My English and pronunciation are very strong as I have already studied in Australia plus the last time I sat for IELTS,I scored an 8.

I have no clue about immigration pathways in Canada but I was wondering if someone could at least tell me if I would be eligible to work/live there in the near future.
Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I have always been interested in living in Canada at some point so I was wondering if in 2-3 years time from now I will be able to.
I am from Greece and by then I will be 25 years old.
I would like to work in Ontario ideally.
Qualifications:
Diploma of Business(from Australia)
Certificate in patisserie/baking(from Greece)
Work experience:1-2 years as a pastrycook/baker
Language:My English and pronunciation are very strong as I have already studied in Australia plus the last time I sat for IELTS,I scored an 8.

I have no clue about immigration pathways in Canada but I was wondering if someone could at least tell me if I would be eligible to work/live there in the near future.
Thanks.
That is a skilled trade NOC, so you would have to look into the skilled trades programs:

Federal:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

You might have to work on a certificate of qualification first to be eligible.

Last edited:

ch5638

Nov 18, 2018
That is a skilled trade NOC, so you would have to look into the skilled trades programs:

Federal:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

You might have to work on a certificate of qualification first to be eligible.
Thank you for your reply.
Wow,looks like I have a ton of reading to do about migrating to Canada.
I'm not sure if you know this but on the website of the province of Ontario one of the requirements are :
  1. Current Residence in Ontario: Currently residing in Ontario on a valid work permit.
Would a working holiday visa in Ontario work as current residence in Ontario?Or is it only an actual working visa?Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your reply.
Wow,looks like I have a ton of reading to do about migrating to Canada.
I'm not sure if you know this but on the website of the province of Ontario one of the requirements are :
  1. Current Residence in Ontario: Currently residing in Ontario on a valid work permit.
Would a working holiday visa in Ontario work as current residence in Ontario?Or is it only an actual working visa?Thanks.
That would be if you choose to migrate through the OINP Skilled Trades program--that is a different avenue (provincial immigration) from the federal immigration program that I posted. Both of them would enable you to gain permanent residence status in Canada. You can choose one or the other.

I admit I am not too familiar with how WHVs work. I do believe the WHV would count for this, since you do get a work permit out of it, but someone will gladly correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: