+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worth Amending EE Profile?

Yakisoba_S

Feb 11, 2014
Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered. My EE profile has been active for a few months and I'm registered in the job bank. At 385 points, I'm unlikely to be in a draw anytime soon, but my company is working on getting an LMIA for me. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath. I understand how hard these 'golden tickets' are to come by.

My question is this: on my EE profile, I listed my entire job history (including positions held outside Canada years ago), but it didn't affect my points at all. I'm wondering if I should just remove the non-Canadian work experience? I understand later I'll have to list it on personal history, but I'd rather not have to provide documentation for companies that may have switched hands in recent years, especially if I'm not getting any points for it anyway. Is it okay to do that?

One more thing: I've been working for a couple years on a NAFTA visa and have ongoing employment, and my understanding is that POF isn't necessary if I'm drawn under CEC. Is that correct? I also qualify under FSW but *don't* have the banked funds for a family of 3. Is it possible to get around this with a letter of explanation that I have been with the same company for 8 years and the company is in full support of my PR? If not, what can I do to remove myself from that category?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I'm really grateful for this forum!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yakisoba_S said:
Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered. My EE profile has been active for a few months and I'm registered in the job bank. At 385 points, I'm unlikely to be in a draw anytime soon, but my company is working on getting an LMIA for me. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath. I understand how hard these 'golden tickets' are to come by.

My question is this: on my EE profile, I listed my entire job history (including positions held outside Canada years ago), but it didn't affect my points at all. I'm wondering if I should just remove the non-Canadian work experience? I understand later I'll have to list it on personal history, but I'd rather not have to provide documentation for companies that may have switched hands in recent years, especially if I'm not getting any points for it anyway. Is it okay to do that?

Yes. CIC doesn't insist on full disclosure when it comes to work experience or education. You can choose to disclose as much as you want.

One more thing: I've been working for a couple years on a NAFTA visa and have ongoing employment, and my understanding is that POF isn't necessary if I'm drawn under CEC. Is that correct? I also qualify under FSW but *don't* have the banked funds for a family of 3. Is it possible to get around this with a letter of explanation that I have been with the same company for 8 years and the company is in full support of my PR? If not, what can I do to remove myself from that category?

Incorrect. You will be POF exempt only if you have an LMIA supported job offer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I'm really grateful for this forum!

Yakisoba_S

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for the speedy reply, Asivad Anac! The reason why I thought POF wasn't required for CEC is from several threads on this forum, one of which I'm pasting below. Apparently it's based on direct communication from CIC?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/written-proof-from-cic-received-regarding-cec-proof-of-funds-requirement-t279463.0.html

As for the other part, I'll just delete the non-Canadian job history since it makes no difference to my points. Really appreciate your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yakisoba_S said:
Thanks for the speedy reply, Asivad Anac! The reason why I thought POF wasn't required for CEC is from several threads on this forum, one of which I'm pasting below. Apparently it's based on direct communication from CIC?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/written-proof-from-cic-received-regarding-cec-proof-of-funds-requirement-t279463.0.html

As for the other part, I'll just delete the non-Canadian job history since it makes no difference to my points. Really appreciate your response.
That is indeed very sensible information (and hopefully reliable as well though one can't say for sure on an online forum. The only 'real' source is the CIC site which is why I always prefer quoting from there.) and many applicants have tried ensuring that they get a CEC class ITA is by setting funds to Zero. If you're planning on doing that to try and restrict your eligibility to just CEC, this should work.

All the best!

Yakisoba_S

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks again, Asivad Anac. I'll keep you posted, and I just wish I'd found this forum much sooner than I did. It could have saved me a world of frustration! :)