+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried need to go back home

Jacinta

Nov 29, 2013
Hello guys,
So worried because i need to go back home (philippines) on may 3 i know this is not the right time but its emergency. Do you think guys it will not affect my work or my status. Im afraid that the immigration might hold my papers and dont allow me to come back... Please need some advise

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Apply for re entry first then make sure your workpermit is still valid.. Plus a letter from your employer stating that you still work from them.

Jacinta

Nov 29, 2013
Thank you for the advise. Yes. I asked my boss to gave me a certificate and he will give me tomorrow. Once i gathered all the documents do you think its good to go and nothing to worry to come back here in canada. Im kinda paranoid from that moratorium :(

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
Jacinta said:
Thank you for the advise. Yes. I asked my boss to gave me a certificate and he will give me tomorrow. Once i gathered all the documents do you think its good to go and nothing to worry to come back here in canada. Im kinda paranoid from that moratorium :(
Hi. It's been 3 times since i went back and forth back home with an open work permit and these steps always worked out fine with me when applying for multiple re- entry visa:
1. i have a valid work permit, valid passport
2. I make sure that in the letter that my employer made for me includes the reason why I'm going back home RE: urgent family matters, vacation etc and also include the date of your expected departure say from may3 and they expect you to come back for ex June3rd..
>>> when you're coming back here, just present to the border/ immig officer the 3 listed above..good luck!

Domzky

Apr 28, 2014
Kababayans,

I need help. I've a work permit valid until the end of 2017. I need to go back home (Philippines) for family reunion this May 10. So, I applied for Multiple entry Visa, paper application, and sent to Ottawa Processing Center (they received it last April 4). Two days ago (being worried) I emailed them about my application, but I received this reply:
"Your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures.
Our office will contact you if any further action is required..
Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us a request to withdraw your application.
You retain the option of applying for a temporary resident visa at the overseas mission responsible for the country where you will be travelling."
Do I need just to wait rather than asking for the withdrawal of my application (intending to apply it in the Phils)? :'(

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
You should get it soon because it will just take 27 days for paper application and the online application is 19days.

Domzky

Apr 28, 2014
Jenil said:
You should get it soon because it will just take 27 days for paper application and the online application is 19days.
Thanks Jenil... It gives me hope...

jessalei

Jul 22, 2013
hello guys... I am worried too I am receiving different information from this forum... us live in caregivers from phil. what type of visa do we have? it says multiple working right? why do we still need a re-entry visa thought our visa is already multiple? i am confuse kindly enlighten me...:'(..:(... furthermore, I am planning to have a vacation as well with valid visa and work permit 6 months before exp of both travel docs thank you po.. God bless

nezya

May 16, 2010
jessalei said:
hello guys... I am worried too I am receiving different information from this forum... us live in caregivers from phil. what type of visa do we have? it says multiple working right? why do we still need a re-entry visa thought our visa is already multiple? i am confuse kindly enlighten me...:'(..:(... furthermore, I am planning to have a vacation as well with valid visa and work permit 6 months before exp of both travel docs thank you po.. God bless
You are safe to go back here in Canada and you don't need to apply for renewal of visa.