+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried if my app was incomplete & visa is expiring.

magm

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone, my IEC visa expires June 22nd and have applied for inland common law & OWP on April 4th 2020. AOR obviously not recieved yet due to covid-19 processing delays.

I know i'm on implied status once my visa expires as i've already applied, but what happens if it's returned due to it being incomplete? (unlikely but i'm just wanting to check)

Does that technically mean i'm working illegally and would if potentially effect future PR apps?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, my IEC visa expires June 22nd and have applied for inland common law & OWP on April 4th 2020. AOR obviously not recieved yet due to covid-19 processing delays.

I know i'm on implied status once my visa expires as i've already applied, but what happens if it's returned due to it being incomplete? (unlikely but i'm just wanting to check)

Does that technically mean i'm working illegally and would if potentially effect future PR apps?

Thanks
If your application is returned as incomplete after your IEC expires, then you will fall out of status and will need to stop working. If that happens, you'll need to apply for restoration.

If you want to protect yourself against falling out of status, apply to change your status to visitor before your IEC expires. This effecitvely buys you insurance for having your application returned. If your application is returned, you'll still have to stop working - however you won't be out of status in Canada and won't have to apply for restoration.