+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about work permit which was attached to Spousal Sponsorship application

Mar 10, 2019
Hello,

I've tried to contact Canada Immigration to get some confirmation on this, but it seems impossible to talk to a representative.

I sent off my Spousal Sponsorship application in early September, and have received a letter from IRCC letting me know that the application had been received and to send off my application to MIDI (I live in Quebec). I now have an application number for my spousal sponsorship application, but I have no way of knowing if my work permit application which I attached to the spousal sponsorship application is being processed. Is there any way to check this without having heard any word back about it yet? When will I likely hear word back about it seeing as it has been over two months?

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hello,

I've tried to contact Canada Immigration to get some confirmation on this, but it seems impossible to talk to a representative.

I sent off my Spousal Sponsorship application in early September, and have received a letter from IRCC letting me know that the application had been received and to send off my application to MIDI (I live in Quebec). I now have an application number for my spousal sponsorship application, but I have no way of knowing if my work permit application which I attached to the spousal sponsorship application is being processed. Is there any way to check this without having heard any word back about it yet? When will I likely hear word back about it seeing as it has been over two months?
It is normal not to hear from them for months. I applied for OWP as well (together with sponsorship application) and never heard from them as I wasn't able to link it to my online profile either, unlike the spousal sponsorship which I was able to link. Then one day, 3.5 months after sending the whole package, I finally linked it to my online profile and a few days later I got my OWP approved. Don't worry as you still have two more months to go. It usually takes up to 4 months for them to process it and approve it. Many times people don't hear a thing from the agents, we just have to be patient.

Mar 10, 2019
It is normal not to hear from them for months. I applied for OWP as well (together with sponsorship application) and never heard from them as I wasn't able to link it to my online profile either, unlike the spousal sponsorship which I was able to link. Then one day, 3.5 months after sending the whole package, I finally linked it to my online profile and a few days later I got my OWP approved. Don't worry as you still have two more months to go. It usually takes up to 4 months for them to process it and approve it. Many times people don't hear a thing from the agents, we just have to be patient.
Thank you. I'm also trying to link my Spousal Application to my account and not succeeding. I think it may be because I can't right now. I've only received one letter from IRCC and it was confirmation for my application to sponsor my husband and apply for a Quebec undertaking application. Will I not be able to link the application to my account until I get another letter of confirmation and a new UCI/Application number?

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Thank you. I'm also trying to link my Spousal Application to my account and not succeeding. I think it may be because I can't right now. I've only received one letter from IRCC and it was confirmation for my application to sponsor my husband and apply for a Quebec undertaking application. Will I not be able to link the application to my account until I get another letter of confirmation and a new UCI/Application number?
I am not sure how it works for Quebec applicants etc., I applied from Ontario, but usually you should be able to link the spousal application to your account once you get AOR or a few days after that. Also, when you're trying to link it to the online account don't forget to put the right number of family members in the last part (if it's sponsor and principal applicant then it's 2 people). It's a common mistake..

Reactions: alexconnorbrown