24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
Hi,

My wife is a US outland applicant living in Canada during processing without a work visa and not working illegally either. We passed 6 months in October and applied for the visitor extension at least a month before, that will probably take until December to process but she should have implied status. We also planned a trip back to the USA from 12/13 to 12/20 and I'm worried she won't be admitted back into the country. Can someone make me feel better about this? Thanks.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,

My wife is a US outland applicant living in Canada during processing without a work visa and not working illegally either. We passed 6 months in October and applied for the visitor extension at least a month before, that will probably take until December to process but she should have implied status. We also planned a trip back to the USA from 12/13 to 12/20 and I'm worried she won't be admitted back into the country. Can someone make me feel better about this? Thanks.
I think the only person who will make you feel better about this will be the CBSA officer at the port of entry on December 20.

Make sure you keep all documentation and are able to show that you followed proper procedures should questions arise. Be prepared with means of support and show ties to the USA which will show that she will return at the end of her new 6-month visitor period starting Dec. 20.

Unfortunately once she leaves on December 13, she will have to start from scratch and will be assessed as any other foreigner seeking entry as a visitor. The previous extension will not carry over. Until she is a PR she has no absolute right to be in Canada.

Reactions: msb

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
I think the only person who will make you feel better about this will be the CBSA officer at the port of entry on December 20.

Make sure you keep all documentation and are able to show that you followed proper procedures should questions arise. Be prepared with means of support and show ties to the USA which will show that she will return at the end of her new 6-month visitor period starting Dec. 20.

Unfortunately once she leaves on December 13, she will have to start from scratch and will be assessed as any other foreigner seeking entry as a visitor. The previous extension will not carry over. Until she is a PR she has no absolute right to be in Canada.
You mean to say that the idea of having a PR in process can actually hurt and not help? By documentation I'd assume I would disclose all that information.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Having a PR in process gives a border guard more reason to believe that the person seeking entry will not leave as required under visitor rules should the PR status not be granted before the visitor visa expires.

With that being said, you have applied for extensions and you are doing everything by the book, presumably. Being able to show this to an officer will help them determine that your wife is a legitimate visitor while her application is in process. There's never a guarantee because your wife does not have an absolute right to be in Canada as a non-PR US citizen (I'm presuming citizenship).

Showing the border guard (when asked, don't volunteer information but also don't withhold information or lie) that you are following proper procedures in all applications will make it easier for them to determine that your wife is well-suited to enter Canada for the purpose of a visit.

Reactions: bafonso

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Hi

She should have no issues re-entering. She needs to carry proof of funds, proof of the PR app and remember that she is not living in Canada. She is still only a visitor.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Having a PR in process gives a border guard more reason to believe that the person seeking entry will not leave as required under visitor rules should the PR status not be granted before the visitor visa expires.
Actually the opposite is true. Volunteering proof to CBSA that you've already submitted the PR app and are just waiting out the process in Canada, has shown to facilitate easier entry into Canada.

So make sure to carry proof of the PR app in progress (fee receipt, AOR mail, etc).

Reactions: John013 and msb