+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about threats - Want to Sponsor Spouse

Michael23

Jan 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

I want to sponsor my wife to come to Canada but I am worried about some threats I made in the past and if they can come back to haunt me. I was provoked and I uttered threats to vent my frustration and it was over the phone but I wasn't even in the same country as them. If I apply to sponsor my spouse and threat charges come up later could a conviction halt the process? Please let me know. I've read quite a lot on this topic and think it would take them forever to convict especially if the lawyers prolong the trial. It could take longer than 3 years possibly. Either way I'm interested in more opinions.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Michael23 said:
Hi everyone,

I want to sponsor my wife to come to Canada but I am worried about some threats I made in the past and if they can come back to haunt me. I was provoked and I uttered threats to vent my frustration and it was over the phone but I wasn't even in the same country as them. If I apply to sponsor my spouse and threat charges come up later could a conviction halt the process? Please let me know. I've read quite a lot on this topic and think it would take them forever to convict especially if the lawyers prolong the trial. It could take longer than 3 years possibly. Either way I'm interested in more opinions.
I think to get opinions, you need to tell your story clearly specially the threat part.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Michael23 said:
Hi everyone,

Dude, you should never have mentioned this. You should talk to a lawyer and not to people on a public forum. Whatever you posted can be used against you if and when charges are pressed against you and your message trail is found (since you have volunteered to incriminate yourself). Hire a lawyer and talk to him/her.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
If charges have not been pressed then i wouldn't worry about it . Plus it was over the phone. CIC schedule A will ask if you have been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada , been detained, incarcerated or put in jail . If the threats i made to my ex husband when he was having an affair came up i would have never been able to sponsor my husband.

Michael23

Jan 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I don't think that it is dangerous to post on a forum. I didn't make violent or sexual threats but I still made threats. Threats don't have grounds for charges unless they can actually be carried out. Given that I wasn't even in the same country as the person I threatened I don't believe that I can be charged especially given my unique travel inability to travel to that location. I put that I was in a different country in the original post. However, I still needed advice.

Thanks everyone especially taffy. I think that charges can't be placed but I guess I should just be more careful. To tell you the truth I think that people who constantly provoke should be placed in jail. We're all made of flesh and meat and it is hard to watch your language when someone constantly provokes.

Anyway thanks everyone.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Michael23 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I don't think that it is dangerous to post on a forum. I didn't make violent or sexual threats but I still made threats. Threats don't have grounds for charges unless they can actually be carried out. Given that I wasn't even in the same country as the person I threatened I don't believe that I can be charged especially given my unique travel inability to travel to that location. I put that I was in a different country in the original post. However, I still needed advice.

Thanks everyone especially taffy. I think that charges can't be placed but I guess I should just be more careful. To tell you the truth I think that people who constantly provoke should be placed in jail. We're all made of flesh and meat and it is hard to watch your language when someone constantly provokes.

Anyway thanks everyone.
No. You should be put in jail if you can't stand other people's freedom of speech without threatening them.