+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about NOC code mismatch

Zaluzhna

May 15, 2019
Hey everyone,

I have listed one of my jobs as NOC 1243, however now I am worried that the duties described in employment record are not matching with the NOC 1243. Could you advise me on whether it looks appropriate?

My job description:
· Create and coordinate schedules for community Personal Support Workers;
· Greet customers and patients, receive and screen inbound calls, emails, and visitors to the office;
· Receive routine referrals/intake information from Funders and private patients;
· Enter all relevant patient and CSW information (both live and recorded) into the Patient Information Management System (CIMS);
· Communicate with patients about their environment and needs, in order to provide the best service;
· Receive incoming documents, review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention to staff;
· Assess availability and appropriateness of CSWs for routine assignment referring to service agreements and contracts, policies and procedures and the collective agreement;
· Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues
· Serve as communication focal point between other providers, internal staff, LHIN and any other external customers
· Advise Supervisor within the local branch of existing and anticipated staffing and inventory requirements
· Help deliver training for new office staff in procedures and current software

NOC 1243 duties description:
  • Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
  • Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
  • Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
  • Complete insurance and other claim forms
  • Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
  • Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
  • Prepare financial statements and billing
  • Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
  • Order supplies and maintain inventory
  • Determine and establish office procedures and routines
  • May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.

Thank you very much for everyone, who decides to look through this, I truly appreciate your help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey everyone,

I have listed one of my jobs as NOC 1243, however now I am worried that the duties described in employment record are not matching with the NOC 1243. Could you advise me on whether it looks appropriate?

My job description:
· Greet customers and patients, receive and screen inbound calls, emails, and visitors to the office;
· Receive routine referrals/intake information from Funders and private patients;
· Enter all relevant patient and CSW information (both live and recorded) into the Patient Information Management System (CIMS);
· Communicate with patients about their environment and needs, in order to provide the best service;
· Receive incoming documents, review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention to staff;
· Assess availability and appropriateness of CSWs for routine assignment referring to service agreements and contracts, policies and procedures and the collective agreement;
· Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues
· Serve as communication focal point between other providers, internal staff, LHIN and any other external customers
· Advise Supervisor within the local branch of existing and anticipated staffing and inventory requirements

• Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
  • Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
  • Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
  • Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
  • Determine and establish office procedures and routines
  • May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.

Thank you very much for everyone, who decides to look through this, I truly appreciate your help.
In Ontario, there is some rigid line between what is considered ¨medical¨ and what is not; social services (delivered by PSWs) are not medical. Therefore I think you have the wrong NOC. Have you looked at 4212?
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4212&ver=16&val65=social services

Zaluzhna

May 15, 2019
In Ontario, there is some rigid line between what is considered ¨medical¨ and what is not; social services (delivered by PSWs) are not medical. Therefore I think you have the wrong NOC. Have you looked at 4212?
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4212&ver=16&val65=social services
I haven't considered 4212 before, but after looking at the description it doesn't look like anything I was doing in my position.

Do you think I would be better off tailoring my office responsibilities to 1241?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I haven't considered 4212 before, but after looking at the description it doesn't look like anything I was doing in my position.

Do you think I would be better off tailoring my office responsibilities to 1241?
Possibly.

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

My job description:

• Determine and establish office procedures and routines my ip birthday wishes tneb

what is not; social services (delivered by PSWs) are not medical. Therefore I think you have the wrong NOC.