+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about my study permit extension

Vishal Vikas

Dec 9, 2017
Hi, my study permit expired on August 30th, but i applied for extension on August 10th, i didn't get any result yet. And im graduated on September 5th. My clg gave me extension enrollment letter upto 31st Decem2019. Here my main concern of worry is, few days back i noticed that my enrollment letter has a mistake of my last name, it supposed to be gundlapally but typo is gundupally, i called to the concerned clg ppl to give a new enrollment letter with correct spelling and submit through web forms, they told me as im alrdy graduated, they cant issue a new enrollment letter. What to do now? And also as Im alrdy graduated, will i have any problem for extension? Also i called immigration office for my status on my application, they told my eligibility is passed but my application status is still under process, what does that eligibility passed means? Pls does any one have an answer?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my study permit expired on August 30th, but i applied for extension on August 10th, i didn't get any result yet. And im graduated on September 5th. My clg gave me extension enrollment letter upto 31st Decem2019. Here my main concern of worry is, few days back i noticed that my enrollment letter has a mistake of my last name, it supposed to be gundlapally but typo is gundupally, i called to the concerned clg ppl to give a new enrollment letter with correct spelling and submit through web forms, they told me as im alrdy graduated, they cant issue a new enrollment letter. What to do now? And also as Im alrdy graduated, will i have any problem for extension? Also i called immigration office for my status on my application, they told my eligibility is passed but my application status is still under process, what does that eligibility passed means? Pls does any one have an answer?
You can send a webform indicating that you noticed a misspelling in your name but since it is just one letter it will be overlooked in my opinion.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks, is there any chance of rejection because of typos?
Rejection is possible, but highly unlikely.

Rather than outright rejection, they may contact you and ask for some more proof or a letter or something. Make sure you keep checking your GCKey account once a week or so.

Vishal Vikas

Dec 9, 2017
Yaa sure thanks.. when I called cic office, one of the officers told that, eligibility is passed and we didn't find any typos or something, if u want u can go head and upload new enrollment letter with correct spelling through webform, if not also no problem,.. what does eligibility is passed means??

Vidyanshu

Oct 7, 2019
Yaa sure thanks.. when I called cic office, one of the officers told that, eligibility is passed and we didn't find any typos or something, if u want u can go head and upload new enrollment letter with correct spelling through webform, if not also no problem,.. what does eligibility is passed means??
Hello Vishal,
Is your application approved?

Vidyanshu

Oct 7, 2019
Hello vidyanshu, yes fortunatly it got approved
Hello Vishal,
You applied on August 10th and you got confirmation of your eligibility passed through IRCC call on 21st? So, finally when did they change your online status for eligibility review i.e. passed? And on which date they approve your application? And after approval when did you receive your study permit in hand?
Sorry for these many questions. Actually, I too have applied for extension on Sep 12, the processing time was 40 days but now they are increasing the processing time by approximately 5 days per week and current processing timing is 52 days. I have planned trip to India next month and before that I need to apply for TRV as well. I am worried now by their processing timing!