+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about my study permit extension.. pls help..!!

Vishal Vikas

Dec 9, 2017
Hi, my study permit expired on August 30th, but i applied for extension on August 10th, i didn't get any result yet. And im graduated on September 5th. My clg gave me extension enrollment letter upto 31st Decem2019. Here my main concern of worry is, few days back i noticed that my enrollment letter has a mistake of my last name, it supposed to be gundlapally but typo is gundupally, i called to the concerned clg ppl to give a new enrollment letter with correct spelling and submit through web forms, they told me as im alrdy graduated, they cant issue a new enrollment letter. What to do now? And also as Im alrdy graduated, will i have any problem for extension? Also i called immigration office for my status on my application, they told my eligibility is passed but my application status is still under process, what does that eligibility passed means? Pls does any one have an answer?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, my study permit expired on August 30th, but i applied for extension on August 10th, i didn't get any result yet. And im graduated on September 5th. My clg gave me extension enrollment letter upto 31st Decem2019. Here my main concern of worry is, few days back i noticed that my enrollment letter has a mistake of my last name, it supposed to be gundlapally but typo is gundupally, i called to the concerned clg ppl to give a new enrollment letter with correct spelling and submit through web forms, they told me as im alrdy graduated, they cant issue a new enrollment letter. What to do now? And also as Im alrdy graduated, will i have any problem for extension? Also i called immigration office for my status on my application, they told my eligibility is passed but my application status is still under process, what does that eligibility passed means? Pls does any one have an answer?

If eligibility passed means you’ll have it approved soon.
Don’t worry .
My eligibility passed like 2 weeks before I got approval email of extension.

canada2023

Sep 21, 2019
Where to find that u passed eligibility?????

What I have
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

But there is icons I'm not sure is it general or for my actual application.
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I'm assuming this general .right?
I applied for extention online 24 July. So any one still waiting before July 25th?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

What I have
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

I applied for extention online 24 July. So any one still waiting before July 25th?

You need to call and ask about eligibility status .

Then they’ll tell if it’s passed or not .

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

What I have
Application status

That’s a long wait !
I applied July 3rd and got approval on Aug 9.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Your University can give a current date clarification letter stating that in the enrolment letter dated XYZ , the name should be read as gundlapally instead of gundupally .

Vidyanshu

Oct 7, 2019
Hello there,
Anyone applied for study permit extension (without owp, online mode) in September and got approval or heard anything back? As now the processing time is increasing by roughly 5 days every week, I am wondering if they started working on September applications.