+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

worried about medical

sdt

May 21, 2015
I have some question if anyone can help me plz. I sponsored my parents my younger bother and sister in 2008 from Pakistan . Now they got medical to do ,but unfortunately 3 years ago my father got hepatitis c .he got treatment, his reports says hes fine I'm so scared will he pass medical or no.in case if he won't what about my rest of family they will be able to get the Canada visa or no ,please help me i'm loosing hope

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sdt said:
I have some question if anyone can help me plz. I sponsored my parents my younger bother and sister in 2008 from Pakistan . Now they got medical to do ,but unfortunately 3 years ago my father got hepatitis c .he got treatment, his reports says hes fine I'm so scared will he pass medical or no.in case if he won't what about my rest of family they will be able to get the Canada visa or no ,please help me i'm loosing hope
If your father is refused for medical reasons then the rest of your family will unfortunately be automatically refused as well. If the reports say he is fine - you may be worrying for no reason. See what happens once he takes the medical. If CIC plans to refuse him based on the results of this medical, they will send a letter first stating this and you will have a chance to respond to make a case for why your father's health care issues won't be a burden to Canada. This is called a fairness letter (if you search for fairness on this forum - you'll find posts related to this situation). But again, if your father is now healthy - you may be worrying for no reason.

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Hep C is a transmittable disease (through blood) so I am not sure how the Canadian government views that. They do medicals to screen out people that will be a financial burden to Canada. Hep C does damage to the liver, and there is two type Chronic and Acute... So without knowing more information about it other than "a report saying hes fine" doesn't give enough information really.

You have to be truthful about this on the paperwork...

I would suggest investigating more about your Dad's illness and you can even call the place that does the medical exam and ask them questions. Maybe even call CIC and see what they say.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Just have them get the medical soon so it is over with. There is nothing you can do about it at this point. It could be that CIC decides he is fine. If not, they will send a letter about it, as a previous poster mentioned. You then have the chance to explain why he should be admitted in spite of the illness.
If you get such a letter, I suggest you get an immigration lawyer to help with this aspect of the case, if you don't have one already.