+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about interaction with cic call agent please read

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi all,

I called in today to CIC to enquire about my PR card. I landed on July 13th and was hoping to find out when my card would arrive.

The agent asked me if the phone number and address and email address was still current and read them out to me, I replied "yes this is my lawyers details" She hesitated for a good 10 seconds before proceeding.
I have fully authorized my lawyer to work on my file for me and filled out the "use of a representative" forms. So I have done nothing wrong. I am just worried she might think I have wrongfully provided lawyers phone number when I should have only provided my own and they might trigger a review on my file or something. She did say the card had already been mailed out this Monday 11th and the call ended on a good note. I am still a bit worried though.

if seniors could shed some light, if only to ease my worried mind that would mean a lot. @legalfalcon

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Are you currently residing in Canada, or did you do a soft landing? The only think I could possibly think could be an issue is when you land and provide an address, it's suppose to be your own. That being said, I wouldn't read much into a 10 second hesitation. She could have been reading something in the computer or distracted by something.

PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses. I'd be more worried if the card wasn't mailed out yet. Once it's in the mail, they can't exactly halt production on it.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I called in today to CIC to enquire about my PR card. I landed on July 13th and was hoping to find out when my card would arrive.

The agent asked me if the phone number and address and email address was still current and read them out to me, I replied "yes this is my lawyers details" She hesitated for a good 10 seconds before proceeding.
I have fully authorized my lawyer to work on my file for me and filled out the "use of a representative" forms. So I have done nothing wrong. I am just worried she might think I have wrongfully provided lawyers phone number when I should have only provided my own and they might trigger a review on my file or something. She did say the card had already been mailed out this Monday 11th and the call ended on a good note. I am still a bit worried though.

if seniors could shed some light, if only to ease my worried mind that would mean a lot. @legalfalcon
When did you apply for PR card? landing date?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Are you currently residing in Canada, or did you do a soft landing? The only think I could possibly think could be an issue is when you land and provide an address, it's suppose to be your own. That being said, I wouldn't read much into a 10 second hesitation. She could have been reading something in the computer or distracted by something.

PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses. I'd be more worried if the card wasn't mailed out yet. Once it's in the mail, they can't exactly halt production on it.
Yes I currently live in Canada and she said the card was mailed out this past Monday to my residential address. I landed on July 13th, 2017

My concern is what if she thinks in her mind " why did he give a lawyers address and phone number instead of his own" and then triggers some sort of review. I have fully authorized my lawyer to communicate with IRCC by using the "authorized rep" form so it shouldn't be an issue as I have done nothing wrong or illegal. I think I am over thinking this lol

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all,

Nothing to worry about, you are all fine. When you land and provide your address for PR, you can provide anyone's address. So there is no need to worry about. You can even give the address of any person, who has no authorization from you.

Reactions: teppenyaki010110

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Nothing to worry about, you are all fine. When you land and provide your address for PR, you can provide anyone's address. So there is no need to worry about. You can even give the address of any person, who has no authorization from you.
Thank You for your response. Although, in this instance the rep on the phone confirmed my phone number and email address on file with IRCC rather than the PR mailing address, and I said "oh yeah that's my lawyers info, and then she hesitated for a good ten seconds. My fear is what if she doesn't know that my lawyer is an authorized representative to talk to IRCC on my behalf and ends up sending my file back for review.

Sorry for my irrational fears lol but I have been worrying all morning.