Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2012
Hi everyone! I am a FSW applicant together with my husband as my supplementary. We just received our third notice last week from the Visa Office Manila that we will be having our medicals in 60 days from January 17.

I am worried about my husband's psoriasis because it is rampant over his back and front body. Psoriasis is a stress-related disease, not contagious, it's auto-immune but still, I am afraid the DMP in cebu will not let him pass the medical of he sees my husband having psoriasis.

Anybody with related psoriasis skin disorder undergoing/have undergone the medicals? Is it not a problem or doesnt hinder from passing the medicals? Im really hoping that somebody could reply to me and give light. Thank you in advance. God bless us all!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can not even imagine that would be a problem. There are two reasons somebody might fail a medical. One is that they have something contagious and dangerous to public health and the other is that they have something that will put undue stress on Canadian healthcare. I have heard the ball park figure that the limit of undue stress is something like $5000 a year in health care costs. As far as I know, Psoriasis doesn't cost anywhere near that to treat. My mother has it as well and she has her medication which she pays for, she has to see the doctor every once in a while and at some point when she was bad, she was going through some lamp treatment where she had to show up somewhere and sit under a lamp for a few minutes. Therefore, I say, don't even worry about it.

sanrio girl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2012
Hi Leon! I am very happy and so much thankful to read your reply. :) You took away my worries regarding my husband's condition. We are now planning to have our medicals at the end of this month and we are looking forward for a positive result and il keep you posted that indeed you are truly right about your opinion. Thank you so much for the enlightenment to confused immigrant-aspirants like us. God bless you always and more power!

Malko

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello sanrio girl!

Since I have the same condition as your husband, could I, please, ask you to give some information on how the medical check went? Thank you!

chepeps

May 3, 2012
Hi Sanrio... pls update me on how the medical of your family went through bec one of my family member also suffering from psoriasis. Thanks and looking forward for your reply. God Bless !

sanrio girl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2012
Hello Malko and Chepeps!

Our medical checkup in Cebu last Feb went good. Leon was right. Having psoriasis is not a problem after all coz according to our Doctor, it was very minor and nothing to worry about. But of course, before you visit your DMPs, make sure that your or your family member's psoriasis is not aggressively proliferating your body and is controlled. But if in case your psoriasis is very apparent on the day of your medical, it is still alright coz the Doctor knows and is very aware that it is not contagious and will not be a threat in Canada.

In our case, just to make sure, we gave our DMP a Medical Certificate from our Family Physician that my hubby has psoriasis which is not contagious and that he is totally fit to travel or work abroad. The Doctor told us that it will be attached to our medical results to be sent to the Embassy.

Im sorry Malko, my reply to your message last March 2 is probably too late already as I was very busy and I did not receive a reply or message notification last March from this forum but I hope your medicals went good also. To you Chepeps, I wish you all the best in your upcoming medical checkup. God bless us all!

georgeallan

Aug 5, 2013
The largest organ of our body is the skin and it is vulnerable to many types of diseases. The skin has multiple layers and it helps in protecting the internal organs of a body from various diseases. Skin diseases can be of various types like viral, genetic, inflammatory, bacterial, environmental and allergic.