+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about Course Mismatch and Study Gap Issue.. Please Help!!

sheldon365

Dec 30, 2012
I complete my 12th std in 2003. I have worked as an Electrician Assistant for around 3 years and then did a 3 year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering certificate course which specialized in Electrical, Instrumentation and Radio Navigation. The reason for me first working and then doing the course was because the fees were really high and I could not afford them at that time. I then worked for an Airline as an apprentice where I worked on Electrical and Electronic equipment. After than due to the recession, I was not able to find a job in Aviation so took up a job as a technical support executive for a BPO for around 5 months and after that I worked for an IT company which specializes in websites and seo's and i currently still work there.. I also still work part time as an electrician but I don't have any formal training as an electrician, only hands-on on job training.. I want to apply for a diploma in Electrical Engineering and get formally trained for the same. I have collected all the required funds but I am worried about my chances of my visa getting accepted as most of the consultants don't want to take my application when I tell them of my background and am not sure if the few lesser know consultants that are taking my application are just doing it for the money..

Summary:
2001 --- SSC
2003 --- HSC
2004 --- 2007 -- Assistant Electrician
2007 --- 2010 -- Aircraft Maintenance Engg..
2010 --- Apprenticeship in an airline (6 months)
2011 -- Tech. Support BPO (5 Months)
2011 -- Present ( IT Company)
Part Time -- Present Still work as Assistant Electrician

What do I do to increase my chances of getting accepted?
Should I do a formal course as an Electrician before going for further studies?
Should I quit my current IT Job and work full time as an assistant electrician ? (I can't work as an electrician as I don't have formal training for the same)
Anything else than I can try to increase my chances of getting accepted?

Kindly Help!! :(

zara2012

Dec 15, 2012
file submitted: 26th NOV
medical received : 11 DEC
passport sent back: 14TH DEC

i deferred my admission in summer term my uni is sfu and i got my credits transfer there.............any hope for visa in this month?

tiger007

Champion Member
sheldon365 said:
I complete my 12th std in 2003. I have worked as an Electrician Assistant for around 3 years and then did a 3 year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering certificate course which specialized in Electrical, Instrumentation and Radio Navigation. The reason for me first working and then doing the course was because the fees were really high and I could not afford them at that time. I then worked for an Airline as an apprentice where I worked on Electrical and Electronic equipment. After than due to the recession, I was not able to find a job in Aviation so took up a job as a technical support executive for a BPO for around 5 months and after that I worked for an IT company which specializes in websites and seo's and i currently still work there.. I also still work part time as an electrician but I don't have any formal training as an electrician, only hands-on on job training.. I want to apply for a diploma in Electrical Engineering and get formally trained for the same. I have collected all the required funds but I am worried about my chances of my visa getting accepted as most of the consultants don't want to take my application when I tell them of my background and am not sure if the few lesser know consultants that are taking my application are just doing it for the money..

Summary:
2001 --- SSC
2003 --- HSC

Should I quit my current IT Job and work full time as an assistant electrician ? (I can't work as an electrician as I don't have formal training for the same)

Hi,

You are from which country?

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
zara2012 said:
file submitted: 26th NOV
medical received : 11 DEC
passport sent back: 14TH DEC

i deferred my admission in summer term my uni is sfu and i got my credits transfer there.............any hope for visa in this month?
in what course did you apply and what have you dine before please share ur profile.

tiger007

Champion Member
sheldon365 said:

Summary:
2001 --- SSC
2003 --- HSC

Hi,

Indeed your background is a bit complex... with a different qualification (Aircraft Maintenance Engg) and diverse work experiences (Assistant Electrician, Apprenticeship in an airline, Tech. Support BPO) .

I did not understand : 2011 -- Present ( IT Company) -- are you still working as a Tech. Support BPO or doing some other job(different work) in an IT company?
I assume you have no formal qualification for being an Asst. electrician?

Also, what is your 12th/HSC and Aircraft Maintenance Engg course percentage? IS Aircraft Maintenance Engg a diploma from a UGC recognized Indian university?

sheldon365

Dec 30, 2012
2011 - Present I have been working in an Domain Parking company where we deal with Websites and generating revenue for customers from parked pages, something what SEDO does..

I worked in a BPO for only 5 months

I unfortunately don't have any formal training as an Electrician and have learned it on the job only.

HSC percentage is 58% (Science) and Aircraft course Percentage is around 80% . The Certificate course is a Govt. Of India DGCA Recgn. Course,not UGC approved.

Few questions that I have is

1. what course seems most suitable to my profile to avoid my visa getting rejected(Can't do anything in Aviation due to no jobs in the Aviation Sector)

2. I have done a 3 yr Aircraft Maintenance Certificate Course, Can I apply for a Diploma or a PGdip course, and which course?