+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Workpermit Expired and applied for restoration

Rijogeo

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
I have applied for SOWP extension from within Canada on Aug 11 but got refused on Dec 12 since I forgot to attach spouse's Noc B job letter in optional documents. I requested for gcms note, applied for restoration as worker and also requested for reconsideration on previous application(attaching missing documents) where the request for reconsideration got refused saying
"This letter is in response to the receipt of additional submissions dated 2021/12/12, pertaining to
your application for a work permit that was received on 2021/08/11.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were
provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated 2021/12/12, thereby fully concluding your
application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your
application remains unchanged.
Should you have different or additional information, it must be submitted with a new application
and applicable fees."
Is it normal to refuse the request for reconsideration eventhough it was just 1 document missed and also is there anything else I need to do? Please suggest.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I have applied for SOWP extension from within Canada on Aug 11 but got refused on Dec 12 since I forgot to attach spouse's Noc B job letter in optional documents. I requested for gcms note, applied for restoration as worker and also requested for reconsideration on previous application(attaching missing documents) where the request for reconsideration got refused saying
"This letter is in response to the receipt of additional submissions dated 2021/12/12, pertaining to
your application for a work permit that was received on 2021/08/11.
Your application was considered on its substantive merits and has been refused. You were
provided with the reasons for refusal by letter dated 2021/12/12, thereby fully concluding your
application. After considering the additional submissions, the initial decision to refuse your
application remains unchanged.
Should you have different or additional information, it must be submitted with a new application
and applicable fees."
Is it normal to refuse the request for reconsideration eventhough it was just 1 document missed and also is there anything else I need to do? Please suggest.
Yes, it's normal for a request for reconsideration to be refused with 1 document missing. This is the expected outcome. A request for reconsideration normally only works if the error was on IRCC's side and they missed a document or made an error. Since the error was yours in not providing the job letter, the application was correctly refused by IRCC and there was an extremely low chance reconsideration was going to work.

In terms of what you need to do, you need to wait for your restoration application to be processed and for the results of that application to become available.

Reactions: Rijogeo

Rijogeo

Jan 5, 2022
Yes, it's normal for a request for reconsideration to be refused with 1 document missing. This is the expected outcome. A request for reconsideration normally only works if the error was on IRCC's side and they missed a document or made an error. Since the error was yours in not providing the job letter, the application was correctly refused by IRCC and there was an extremely low chance reconsideration was going to work.

In terms of what you need to do, you need to wait for your restoration application to be processed and for the results of that application to become available.
Thank you. I have another query too. Apparently I have made errors in some Grey areas in IMM5710 form for restoration. Can I submit it again through webform or should I withdraw the application and reapply it properly? I even thought of putting one more restoration application.
Regards,

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022

Hi @scylla , do you think its best to flagpole for the restoration status? or get the trv while on implied status, then flagpole for the work permit if incase this happens?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla , do you think its best to flagpole for the restoration status? or get the trv while on implied status, then flagpole for the work permit if incase this happens?
You can't flagpole to restore status. You want to have valid status in Canada if you are flagpoling.

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
You can't flagpole to restore status. You want to have valid status in Canada if you are flagpoling.
Do you think its best to have TRV while on implied status and waiting for the open work permit extension? Just so that you can do flagpoling in case OWP is refused? Really don't wanna be stuck here and not work for a long period of time.

Reactions: Miracle2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think its best to have TRV while on implied status and waiting for the open work permit extension? Just so that you can do flagpoling in case OWP is refused? Really don't wanna be stuck here and not work for a long period of time.
No, I don't. A TRV isn't going to help you in this case. All a TRV does is allow you to enter Canada (and of course that's not guaranteed and up to the CBSA officer). It doesn't actually give you legal status in Canada or prevent you from falling out of status in Canada.

Flagpoling should really only be done if you have valid status in Canada. Flagpoling is not a valid method for restoring status.