+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Under a False SIN Question

wexalien

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Guys
I have a question to which I require an answer, I do not reside in Canada but a good a friend of mine does. Calgary specifically. He initially moved as he was guaranteed sponsorship by a large construction company, however at the last minute the sponsorship fell through, he was in Canada at the time setting up his new life, so a friend of his stepped in and obtained a SIN from someone who had left the country, someone else's SIN. So my friend has been working under this SIN until recently, however, now both of these people have fallen into dispute over a family matter, they share relatives and a messy incident occurred in the past few weeks, , and the provider of the SIN is threatening to contact immigration to report my friend as an illegal worker and will try to have him deported. I would like to know, if this is the case, what are the legal repercussions for the provider of the SIN, my friend is perfectly aware that he will be deported, but will the provider of the SIN? who incidentally, has attempted in the past to secure employment for my friend in his construction company. The provider of the SIN currently has PR in Canada.

I would appreciate greatly any advice you can offer

Thanks And Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys
I have a question to which I require an answer, I do not reside in Canada but a good a friend of mine does. Calgary specifically. He initially moved as he was guaranteed sponsorship by a large construction company, however at the last minute the sponsorship fell through, he was in Canada at the time setting up his new life, so a friend of his stepped in and obtained a SIN from someone who had left the country, someone else's SIN. So my friend has been working under this SIN until recently, however, now both of these people have fallen into dispute over a family matter, they share relatives and a messy incident occurred in the past few weeks, , and the provider of the SIN is threatening to contact immigration to report my friend as an illegal worker and will try to have him deported. I would like to know, if this is the case, what are the legal repercussions for the provider of the SIN, my friend is perfectly aware that he will be deported, but will the provider of the SIN? who incidentally, has attempted in the past to secure employment for my friend in his construction company. The provider of the SIN currently has PR in Canada.

I would appreciate greatly any advice you can offer

Thanks And Regards
The SIN provider won't lose his PR status if that's what you're asking.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply, if the SIN provider was also paying my friend to work for him, where does he stand ?
Sounds like you are trying to help your friend blackmail this other person so he can get away with his crimes....

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sounds like you are trying to help your friend blackmail this other person so he can get away with his crimes....
Yeah - my thoughts exactly.

wexalien

Apr 26, 2018
I am merely seeking facts, not the product of your imagination, is this a forum where one can ask a perfectly legitimate question and expects facts or is a forum where someone asks a difficult question to be accused to an unlawful and immoral intention? I have no interest in blackmailing anyone, I am merely seeking facts.

wexalien

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah - my thoughts exactly.
I am merely seeking facts, not the product of your imagination, is this a forum where one can ask a perfectly legitimate question and expects facts or is a forum where someone asks a difficult question to be accused to an unlawful and immoral intention? I have no interest in blackmailing anyone, I am merely seeking facts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK.

The provider is still not going to lose his / her PR status. There may be some CRA/tax complications - but no issues from an immigration perspective.

The person who used the SIN illegally, on the other hand, should expect immigration issues. Recommend he / she willingly leave Canada on their own before IRCC catches up with them.

EDIT: Person who used the SIN illegally should also not apply to return to Canada for at least six months after leaving.

wexalien

Apr 26, 2018
OK.

The provider is still not going to lose his / her PR status. There may be some CRA/tax complications - but no issues from an immigration perspective.

The person who used the SIN illegally, on the other hand, should expect immigration issues. Recommend he / she willingly leave Canada on their own before IRCC catches up with them.

EDIT: Person who used the SIN illegally should also not apply to return to Canada for at least six months after leaving.
Thank you for the reply
The person using the SIN fully intends to leave Canada and not return, strange that there are no legal repercussions for such a crime as providing an illegal SIN and also employing someone knowing they are not legally allowed to work in the country.

Thanks again for the reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the reply
The person using the SIN fully intends to leave Canada and not return, strange that there are no legal repercussions for such a crime as providing an illegal SIN and also employing someone knowing they are not legally allowed to work in the country.

Thanks again for the reply
There are repercussions - but again, they are not immigration repercussions.

wexalien

Apr 26, 2018
There are repercussions - but again, they are not immigration repercussions.
I don't particularly want any repercussions for either party, the guy working under the SIN will have left but what will become of the provider? Does it mean he will have to leave too? Is it something that he could be incarcerated for?

Thanks Again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't particularly want any repercussions for either party, the guy working under the SIN will have left but what will become of the provider? Does it mean he will have to leave too? Is it something that he could be incarcerated for?

Thanks Again
No - provider won't have to leave. Again, no immigration repercussions. Nope - this won't result in incarceration. Most you can probably expect is fines.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013