+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working single mother needs to immigrate- Guidance needed

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hi! I would like some guidance. My mother (age 50) and younger sister (20) need to apply for immigration. My mother is a high school teacher for the last 18 years. Education: M.Phil pharmacology. She is giving IELTS next week and can score above 7 in all since we are from a wellspoken family.
Her parents and brothers are all canadian citizens. Since last 12 years.
What is the best stream for her to apply through with quickest approval?
we all have multiple visit visas of Europe, USA and Canada.
please guide! Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I would like some guidance. My mother (age 50) and younger sister (20) need to apply for immigration. My mother is a high school teacher for the last 18 years. Education: M.Phil pharmacology. She is giving IELTS next week and can score above 7 in all since we are from a wellspoken family.
Her parents and brothers are all canadian citizens. Since last 12 years.
What is the best stream for her to apply through with quickest approval?
we all have multiple visit visas of Europe, USA and Canada.
please guide! Thank you.
It will most likely be very difficult for her to immigrate due to her age. She can look into the Express Entry program which is a points-based program. However she will lose significant points for her age and will most likely not score enough points to be selected out of the applicant pool. She would need to score 470+ in order to be selected. You can find information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Assuming she does not score enough points to be selected under Express Entry, she will need to look into the Provincial Nominee Programs. There are different rules for each province and you will need to spend time researchign each. Unfortunately high school teachers aren't really an in-demand occupation. That will make it more difficult to be selected. Depending on which province her family lives in, that could give her some additional points but certainly doesn't guarantee selection.

Overall, you should assume it will likely be very difficult to find a path for your mother to immigrate due to her age.

The fact she has multiple visit visas to Europe, USA and Canada is irrelevant in the immigration process.