+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working / SIN

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Does anyone know when you get your SIN so you can start applying for jobs? We have sent in my husband's passport and are just waiting for it to be returned with his PR. Will we have to apply for the SIN separately?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Does anyone know when you get your SIN so you can start applying for jobs? We have sent in my husband's passport and are just waiting for it to be returned with his PR. Will we have to apply for the SIN separately?
You will only be able to get SIN number once he has landed and is an "official" PR.

Not sure where you are location wise but when i was got SIN before it has been at Service Ontario.

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
You will only be able to get SIN number once he has landed and is an "official" PR.

Not sure where you are location wise but when i was got SIN before it has been at Service Ontario.
So, can he apply for a job and be hired without a SIN and just get it right away once he lands? (Just wondering why they send you all this info about applying for jobs if you can't until you land anyways)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So, can he apply for a job and be hired without a SIN and just get it right away once he lands? (Just wondering why they send you all this info about applying for jobs if you can't until you land anyways)
Nothing to stop anyone applying for and getting a job before landing but will need a SIN to actually start work. Once landed just go to nearest Service Canada Office show them status in Canada and SIN should be issued on the spot.

jriede

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Nothing to stop anyone applying for and getting a job before landing but will need a SIN to actually start work. Once landed just go to nearest Service Canada Office show them status in Canada and SIN should be issued on the spot.
Ok - gotcha. Thanks!