+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working rotational Job and one year experience requirement

osaleh

Jul 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm a geologist working in a gold mine in northern Quebec. I live in Ottawa, Ontario. And since the mine is in the middle of nowhere (as basically most mines in Canada), Our schedule is a little different than normal.

I'm a full-time Employee with benefits. I got hired on May 15th, 2018, so I'm completing one year very soon. However, I'm on a rotational schedule of fifteen (15) days on – thirteen (13) days off. The standard hours of work is 10 hours a day. As of May 15th, 2019, I will have worked approx. 2,240 hours.

So based on that rotational schedule, there is always one week (out of 4) of the month that I am off. So If I do the math based on the 3 weeks of work and the "30 hours max"; I will end up with 1173 hours only.

Again, I'm a fulltime employee with benefits and a stable constant salary that never changes no matter how my rotation is managed. I got my contract and a letter from work that can prove that as well and clearly indicates that I'm a full-time employee. And remember it is a remote job, It is an 11 hours drive to get to work and it is in the middle of the woods of northern Quebec.

So I'm confused and worried. Please, help

Last edited: