+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Remotely - Need reasons

Discussion in 'H-1B Holders in the U.S.' started by harpreethwalia, Jul 26, 2018.

  1. Assuming that the individual gets paid in the US (let's say a US bank account), how does one use that money in Canada? Isn't that person losing a lot of money in exchange rates? Is there some other arrangement?
  2. If you exchange cash at some exchange counters then you would loose more. You should be already transferring money to India. Same way you would transfer with effective exchange rate to use in Canada.
  3. #18 Samoinp, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    If you can setup an account with TD, they should have USD account.
    Use https://www.knightsbridgefx.com/ to get CAD. Their rate was 1.355 when market rate was 1.36.

    Otherwise, xoom is another option. They can transfer money from an account in US and deposit CAD in Canada.
  4. What did you end up doing? I am in a similar position.

Share This Page