+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working remotely from Canada for US employer

aaruship

May 9, 2021
I am currently working in the US on OPT status. I did not get picked in H1B lottery and my OPT will expire in July. My employer has agreed to let me work remotely from Canada. Apart from PR, is there any other work visa with which I can move to and start working from Canada quicker? My employer does not have any presence in Canada. I have a valid Canadian visitor visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just because your employer agreed to let you work from Canada, doesn't mean you can live in work in Canada without authorization. So you don't have a Canadian work permit just a visitor visa. You can't enter Canada on a visitor visa unless you have immediate or extended family in the country and even then you need written authorization to enter. There is no quick way unless you apply for PR and that isn't quick. You can't apply for a work permit because your employer doesn't have a presence in Canada. A visitor visa is of no use because you want to move and work from Canada. What country are you from? You could look at Barbados and their nomadic/remote work permit.

Reactions: canuck78

aaruship

May 9, 2021
India. So there is no work visa which I can apply for to move to Canada while my PR process is ongoing?