Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi everyone, so i'm moving to Canada soon as i received my CoPR. now I have worked in the US on an H1b on contract and now I'm being offered a similar contractual role. I'm confused as to how I can go about this and that even though I currently may not have a valid H1b, I do have my PR. Does that count for anything? Also, they are willing to get me back on contract. I need some advice on how it might work out.
Where are you? You worked in US which means you are not in US?
Is your new role being offered in Canada? If so then what is the issue for you.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hi everyone, so i'm moving to Canada soon as i received my CoPR. now I have worked in the US on an H1b on contract and now I'm being offered a similar contractual role. I'm confused as to how I can go about this and that even though I currently may not have a valid H1b, I do have my PR. Does that count for anything? Also, they are willing to get me back on contract. I need some advice on how it might work out.
no idea what you are trying to say. But I can tell you that H1b means nothing in Canada and Canada PR means nothing in US.

skw

Jul 11, 2018
sorry I think I made it pretty confusing to understand my position.

So, I used to work as a contractor for Wells Fargo and was on a H1b. But I moved back to India and since then my H1b has expired. But, I now have a Candian PR and my manager at Wells Fargo wants me to join the team again on a contract to begin with. My doubt is whether i would have to jump through the hoops of a H1b visa again or can I just work remotely from Canada for them and have an employer (in this case the vendor between me and Wells Fargo) be in the US?

The reason I ask this is because being an Indian, my mind wanders over to and worries about the whole H1 stupidity.

skw

Jul 11, 2018
Where are you? You worked in US which means you are not in US?
Is your new role being offered in Canada? If so then what is the issue for you.
yes, i'm not in the US anymore. I'm currently in India and will be moving to Canada in May

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
sorry I think I made it pretty confusing to understand my position.

So, I used to work as a contractor for Wells Fargo and was on a H1b. But I moved back to India and since then my H1b has expired. But, I now have a Candian PR and my manager at Wells Fargo wants me to join the team again on a contract to begin with. My doubt is whether i would have to jump through the hoops of a H1b visa again or can I just work remotely from Canada for them and have an employer (in this case the vendor between me and Wells Fargo) be in the US?

The reason I ask this is because being an Indian, my mind wanders over to and worries about the whole H1 stupidity.
You don't need H1b to work remotely for a US employer for anywhere in the world. You just need to figure out how payment from Wells Fargo will reach you.

Reactions: skw

rathna12

Aug 8, 2019
You don't need H1b to work remotely for a US employer for anywhere in the world. You just need to figure out how payment from Wells Fargo will reach you.
Hello I had a question , what if we are contractors working for Wells Fargo, can we still work remotely with out work permit in another country.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello I had a question , what if we are contractors working for Wells Fargo, can we still work remotely with out work permit in another country.
Thanks
The answer would be sure you can provided you have legal status in the other country and if were Canada there are no Canadian clients else you would need a work permit not so easy I guess to show separation from Wells Fargo Canada.

You would not need a US work permit to work remotely for a US company just a legal status in the country you are working from which for Canada would probably mean a work permit or PR or citizen

Last edited: