+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on campus

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am working for a security company as a security guard. My employer provides security services to my college and all of my work shifts are in my college. As confirmed by my college's student advisor, my work would be considered as on campus work. My concern is, when I will apply for PGWP, how would I prove that my job was an on campus job as the address of my employer is different from the college's address and it's a third-party. Could anyone please tell me the required supporting documents I could attach to prove that all of my work was done on campus?

Thanks a lot in advance!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am working for a security company as a security guard. My employer provides security services to my college and all of my work shifts are in my college. As confirmed by my college's student advisor, my work would be considered as on campus work. My concern is, when I will apply for PGWP, how would I prove that my job was an on campus job as the address of my employer is different from the college's address and it's a third-party. Could anyone please tell me the required supporting documents I could attach to prove that all of my work was done on campus?

Thanks a lot in advance!
It seems your employer is a private contractor that provides on-campus services to your campus, in which case you qualify to work full time for them. For PGWP, you will need to provide proof that your employer is contracted by your college and all your work hours/assignments were on campus.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-on-campus.html

Reactions: Akshay jadon

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
It seems your employer is a private contractor that provides on-campus services to your campus, in which case you qualify to work full time for them. For PGWP, you will need to provide proof that your employer is contracted by your college and all your work hours/assignments were on campus.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-on-campus.html
That's what I am wondering, what documents should I provide to prove that I have worked on campus. For example: A letter from my employer saying that I was assigned to the specific site (i.e my college campus). Would it be sufficient?

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
That's what I am wondering, what documents should I provide to prove that I have worked on campus. For example: A letter from my employer saying that I was assigned to the specific site (i.e my college campus). Would it be sufficient?
Thanks a lot for your time. Really appreciate it.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
That should work, I believe. Your employer should also indicate that they are contracted by your college to offer services on campus.

Reactions: Akshay jadon

Fabian_Kittle

Oct 3, 2022
I am working for a security company as a security guard. My employer provides security services to my college and all of my work shifts are in my college. As confirmed by my college's student advisor, my work would be considered as on campus work. My concern is, when I will apply for PGWP, how would I prove that my job was an on campus job as the address of my employer is different from the college's address and it's a third-party. Could anyone please tell me the required supporting documents I could attach to prove that all of my work was done on campus

College can be challenging, and I often face difficulties with managing time and keeping up with assignments. To cope, I've learned to prioritize tasks and create a study schedule. Sometimes, though, the workload gets overwhelming, especially when it comes to essay writing. That's where EssayLab comes to the rescue! They offer a fantastic cheap essay online service, which has been a lifesaver for me. Their team of expert writers delivers high-quality essays at affordable prices, saving me time and stress. If you ever find yourself struggling with essays or any academic tasks, I highly recommend giving their service a try. It's been a game-changer for me!
I had a similar situation during my college days. To prove that your job as a security guard was on campus work, you can provide documents like a letter from your employer stating that they provide security services to your college and that all your work shifts were on campus. Additionally, you could include a letter from your college's student advisor confirming the same. Pay stubs or any official documents that mention your college's name or address can also be useful as supporting evidence. It's always a good idea to consult with your college's international student office for specific guidance on PGWP applications. Good luck!