+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in UK following soft landing

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
Hi all

My British husband has received his COPR through spousal sponsorship, and plans to do his soft landing in November.

He will then return to the uk and continue to work until we move permanently in about September of next year.

My question is is there any restriction on his ability to work in the UK once he has activated his permanent residence in Canada? I'm assuming not since he is a British citizen as well, but just wanted to ask in case there was any kind of tax declaration that might need to be made.

Thanks so much!

Kate

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Kate CP said:
Hi all

My British husband has received his COPR through spousal sponsorship, and plans to do his soft landing in November.

He will then return to the uk and continue to work until we move permanently in about September of next year.

My question is is there any restriction on his ability to work in the UK once he has activated his permanent residence in Canada? I'm assuming not since he is a British citizen as well, but just wanted to ask in case there was any kind of tax declaration that might need to be made.

Thanks so much!

Kate
No restrictions whatsoever. I did exactly the same. When he leaves the UK, let the Inland Revenue know. There is a form for this. Then he can claim back overpaid PAYE tax.

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
Thanks so much zardoz. That's really reassuring!

Sure I will be back with lots of other questions as things progress!