+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in UK following soft landing

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Kate CP, Sep 24, 2016.

  1. Hi all

    My British husband has received his COPR through spousal sponsorship, and plans to do his soft landing in November.

    He will then return to the uk and continue to work until we move permanently in about September of next year.

    My question is is there any restriction on his ability to work in the UK once he has activated his permanent residence in Canada? I'm assuming not since he is a British citizen as well, but just wanted to ask in case there was any kind of tax declaration that might need to be made.

    Thanks so much!

  2. No restrictions whatsoever. I did exactly the same. When he leaves the UK, let the Inland Revenue know. There is a form for this. Then he can claim back overpaid PAYE tax.
  3. Thanks so much zardoz. That's really reassuring!

    Sure I will be back with lots of other questions as things progress!

Share This Page