+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Quebec

chandan1225

Jul 8, 2020
Hi,

I need help on filing application. I am working in Monteral based company. I am holding work permit and LMIA. work permit type is closed.

I am planning to apply in express entry for PR but then I came to know that federal govt will ask me to show intension that I will move out of Quebec. I am in closed permit and it's difficult to commute daily from Quebec border to office. Because of closed permit, I can not work anywhere else.

My wife is having open permit and we are trying to get job out of Quebec. For now, we are staying in Quebec and she will work remotely. If required then I will move her and my daughter to that province where she will get the job.

Most of people with whom I met, they said, to get PR from federal, you have to move out of Quebec no mater you are working in here or not.

Is there any way I can get go ahead from officers? what I should do in this situation?

It will be very helpful if some one faced similar problem can share their experience or if have any clue regarding this problem.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
I have not faced this situation. However, I have heard that in your case the officer might doubt your intent of moving out of Quebec. Why don’t you apply for Quebec immigration if you are living and working there?

Yeboah21

Apr 9, 2020
I have not faced this situation. However, I have heard that in your case the officer may doubt your intent of moving out of Quebec. Why don’t you apply for Quebec immigration if you are living and working there?
Quebec immigration takes forever and has very different criteria, with much more emphasis on French. I was like the OP, living and working in Montreal, eligible for CEC and FSW but not eligible for Quebec immigration. I ended up learning French and getting lucky with an LMIA to get the work experience. Overall, it took seven years for me to get PR. Seven.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Quebec immigration takes forever and has very different criteria, with much more emphasis on French. I was like the OP, living and working in Montreal, eligible for CEC and FSW but not eligible for Quebec immigration. I ended up learning French and getting lucky with an LMIA to get the work experience. Overall, it took seven years for me to get PR. Seven.
Unfortunately, Quebec immigration is time consuming.

chandan1225

Jul 8, 2020
Learning French is not an easy task. I am having LMIA but there is no use of it as can not show that I have a job offer in express entry.

I have not faced this situation. However, I have heard that in your case the officer might doubt your intent of moving out of Quebec. Why don’t you apply for Quebec immigration if you are living and working there?

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello,
I am considering to apply for LMIA in Montreal to get 50 points from EE, but I will apply CEC after lmia approved. Do you think that it’s a conflict because we need to show intention to live outside of the Quebec for CEC.