+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in other place than the nominated Province

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dears;

i'm confused about something , if i was nominated by any province and finished all the stuff and took the PR visa , after landing , my question is it allowed from me to work outside this province or not? for instance Nova Scotia nominated me and i went there , but i found good job in Ontario can i work their ?

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya after landed and got the PR. Because some guys are saying you are permitted to work in the province which nominated you only this is why it nominated you for the beginning !!

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes no problem at all..one my friend came for new foundland...he landed in toronto...never went to new found land.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the past couple of years, Immigration officers are actually instructed to examine PNP applicants who are landing outside their PNP province in regards to their plans to settle there. If the PNP applicant admits that they are not going to their PNP province or the IO suspects that they are not planning to, they can withhold their PR on landing and send it to their PNP office for an interview / investigation.

After landing as a PR, nobody is checking if you leave but I tend to advise people to stay for a couple of months anyway just in case. If the time comes the immigration decides to go after PR's who leave, they would start with those who left immediately. Now, there is nothing you sign for PNP stating how long you will stay so legally you are not tied to staying for any specific period but you do sign a form stating that you intend to settle in your PNP province so if you never go to your PNP province or you leave right away after landing, immigration could later accuse you of misrepresentation because you signed that form but it was clear when you landed that you did not intend to do what you signed.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Heard that we need to work on the same province until we get canada passport?

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, that means , that it 's preferred to settle in and work in the province that nominated me , and after getting the citizenship i'm free , right ? otherwise i'll be in trouble ... , what if i cant find a suitable job in the Province that nominated me , what shall i do in this case?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
In canada it is not clear. In Australia PNP, they need to work for 2 years in the nominated province then they can move to other provinces.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Heard that we need to work on the same province until we get canada passport?
It's a rumour. There are no rules or laws that say that you have to. There is not even a minimum time specified like 1 year, 2 years etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sshehab said:
So, that means , that it 's preferred to settle in and work in the province that nominated me , and after getting the citizenship i'm free , right ? otherwise i'll be in trouble ... , what if i cant find a suitable job in the Province that nominated me , what shall i do in this case?
It's preferred that you settle and work in the province that nominated you but there is no law that says you must stay until you get citizenship. You only signed that you intend to settle in that province. This must be true when you apply and when you land as a PR.

Currently nobody is checking on PR's who leave their PNP provinces but if they ever do start checking, they will start with the people who left right away where there is no doubt that they never intended to settle. If you stayed even for a few months and tried to look for jobs, it would be very hard for them to prove that you did not intend to settle there when you landed.

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, the final conclusion is that it is preferred to settle in the province that nominated me , but not mandatory , otherwise that would make some suspicions about me till i get the PR card ... right ?

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lot of people say no problem but recently i heatd at job from fellow..who came to manitoba pnp....and left after 8 months becaise cant find job...to toronto...since then he is living in toronto...and working here...

He applied...citizenship in toronto....cic requested tax return since he arrived in canada...with questionairre...papers..he filled every thing according to tax return....now they refer his case to cic pnp interview officer...who will decide. ..they allow him.or not...citizenship...he is very worried about it...

Best thing is u stay until u get citizenship is best for ur sake...dont take risk...then.u move to toronto...

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
Lot of people say no problem but recently i heatd at job from fellow..who came to manitoba pnp....and left after 8 months becaise cant find job...to toronto...since then he is living in toronto...and working here...

He applied...citizenship in toronto....cic requested tax return since he arrived in canada...with questionairre...papers..he filled every thing according to tax return....now they refer his case to cic pnp interview officer...who will decide. ..they allow him.or not...citizenship...he is very worried about it...

Best thing is u stay until u get citizenship is best for ur sake...dont take risk...then.u move to toronto...
so i must stuck for nearly 5 years in my nominated province :eek: ...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rly 5 years in my nominated province
Not necessary. But you have to have a very good reason to leave it as soon as you landed.

Usually 2 years is a decent period after which CIC will not concern if you leave it BECAUSE of BETTER job perspectives (if you get a better job somewhere else). You also could take a risk. Canada is a free country but if you take a risk you should also take responsibilities for taking it.