+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in Montreal while living in Ottawa

Mar 23, 2018
Hello,

Currently I am living in Ottawa and working remotely for a company in Toronto as well as for a company in Montreal(this is also remote work due to Covid). So technically I am doing two jobs.
I will be applying for Express entry under Canadian Experience Class this month(April 2021). Since I receives a paycheck with Quebec tax deductions, will it create an issue for my file(since we cannot apply express entry from Quebec( we can but we need to attach INTENT TO MOVE)) .
So the main question is that doing job in Quebec while living in Ottawa can create any problem in my Express Entry Application?

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Vikram, does your work time in Toronto job equals to 1560 hours in last 3 years? Then you can just use Toronto experience. Also, you can work remotely anywhere in Canada as long as you are performing all job duties listed in job experience.

Mar 23, 2018
Hi Vikram, does your work time in Toronto job equals to 1560 hours in last 3 years? Then you can just use Toronto experience. Also, you can work remotely anywhere in Canada as long as you are performing all job duties listed in job experience.
Hello Ravneet,
Thanks for answering.
No, Actually job in Toronto is very recent. I am planning to use Montreal jobs' experience towards Express Entry. That's why I was having concern that I if continue with the job in Montreal will that affect my Application?