+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in canada

Andre101

Mar 24, 2018
Hi , i am going to work in canada in may and they gona give me a works permit and everything, i just want to knoe what will i need to go to the US to go visit a friend and then return back to canada to continue my job , im from south africa , any help please.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi , i am going to work in canada in may and they gona give me a works permit and everything, i just want to knoe what will i need to go to the US to go visit a friend and then return back to canada to continue my job , im from south africa , any help please.
You need to apply at the US consulate/embassy in South Africa or Canada. It's generally filling out the DS-160 form online, and paying the visa fee of US$160 and scheduling an in-person interview. Look up the details yourself as the consulates/embassies in South Africa and Canada will have different processes for payment and scheduling.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Keep in mind that the availability of interview schedules can take over 1 month from today (like in the Toronto consulate), depending on the venue you will choose.