+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Buffalo NY on H-1B with commute from Hamilton

GeekSync

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
I am a permanent resident of Canada and my former US employer is preparing to file my H-1B to work for them. I will not be moving to the US however I will be commuting daily from Hamilton to Buffalo. The employer does not have an office in Buffalo, so they will be renting a business class workplace (private room) in a plaza with company name, phone number etc.

It will only be me who will be in that office!

Can I work from home occasionally as most of my work is remote? I don't know if there is specific number of days you have to be in the US without raising cbp eyebrows. I am going to be there at least 3 days a week. Does anyone of you or you know commute to Buffalo? I know there is large group for Windsor-Detroit commute.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am a permanent resident of Canada and my former US employer is preparing to file my H-1B to work for them. I will not be moving to the US however I will be commuting daily from Hamilton to Buffalo. The employer does not have an office in Buffalo, so they will be renting a business class workplace (private room) in a plaza with company name, phone number etc.

It will only be me who will be in that office!

Can I work from home occasionally as most of my work is remote? I don't know if there is specific number of days you have to be in the US without raising cbp eyebrows. I am going to be there at least 3 days a week. Does anyone of you or you know commute to Buffalo? I know there is large group for Windsor-Detroit commute.
I’d get a map out and see where Hamilton is and where Buffalo is first
The commute would be hellish and throw in snow squalls off Lake Erie and you have the perfect recipe for disaster
Probably better to live in Niagara Falls or maybe St Catherine’s