+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in a Small company

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do i need to mention all the jobs i had in last 12 years. Or all the jobs i did in last 10 years.

Do i need to furnish work experience documents for all the jobs in did in last 10 years in personal history?

i am really confused with personal history in terms of all my work experiences
You only need employment letters for the jobs you are counting points for. All the rest can go in persona history.

Brijesh_India

Oct 1, 2021
You only need employment letters for the jobs you are counting points for. All the rest can go in persona history.
In that case, that would mean employment documents for only my current job of approx 6 yrs, Right?
And other work experiences i need to disclose in my personal history without any supporting documents?

Brijesh_India

Oct 1, 2021
Yes i am a postgrad and i will have to settle for PNP otherwise its impossible. Thank you so much for being so helpful.

jawad.915

Feb 21, 2020
Thankyou for answering.

How many years of work experience do i have to declare and submit documents. In the last 10 years i have worked for 3 companies. But only my current job profile is of the NOC code that can help me to apply.
So what should i do?
Mention all the 3 work experiences or only the current job(working since last 6yrs)
You have to apply by choosing the NOC that you want points for. if you have 3 years of experience in that particular NOC (say noc 1234) then you will get maximum points. but after getting ITA they will ask you about your last 10 years then you can write about all 3 jobs. You will only need to prove employment for noc 1234. for rest 2 jobs, they wont ask about anything. Hope it helps

jawad.915

Feb 21, 2020
I have seen lot of youtube videos of Indian PR holders and most of them seem to have work experiences from Big brands. That's the reason i wanted to know if someone from a small company ever got a chance to immigrate to canada.
Canada gives PR as long as applicant can prove employment. Its easier for applicants in big companies to prove and that's probably the reason they mostly apply. personally met a guy who worked in software house. they didn't had website but only a twitter page, but he made his case strong by giving multiple documents even link to twitter post in which he was awarded something, and he is now in canada

Brijesh_India

Oct 1, 2021
You have to apply by choosing the NOC that you want points for. if you have 3 years of experience in that particular NOC (say noc 1234) then you will get maximum points. but after getting ITA they will ask you about your last 10 years then you can write about all 3 jobs. You will only need to prove employment for noc 1234. for rest 2 jobs, they wont ask about anything. Hope it helps
So clearly explained in simple words. I am speechless. My confusion of work history and personal history is cleared now.
Really appreciate the help you guys provide. Thankyou

Brijesh_India

Oct 1, 2021
Canada gives PR as long as applicant can prove employment. Its easier for applicants in big companies to prove and that's probably the reason they mostly apply. personally met a guy who worked in software house. they didn't had website but only a twitter page, but he made his case strong by giving multiple documents even link to twitter post in which he was awarded something, and he is now in canada

Thanks for sharing the example.
You are right, applicants in Big companies dont have to worry like us. The letterhead of a Big brand name is more than enough to prove everything.
In regards to my current job, i have Appointment letter, All the salary slips, increment letter and my employer will give me the experience letter in the required format.
Just a bit concerned about twitter and linkedin now because i am not that active on those platforms. Our line of business doesnt rely on social media that much for business growth.

Brijesh_India

Oct 1, 2021
Hello friends,

Can anyone tell me if i need to do ECA for all my educational credentials. I have done Bcom and after that Mcom.
So do i need to do ECA for HSC + BCom+ Mcom?
Also do i need to do ECA for my wife's educational docs. She's a graduate. I am the Primary applicant not her.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello friends,

Can anyone tell me if i need to do ECA for all my educational credentials. I have done Bcom and after that Mcom.
So do i need to do ECA for HSC + BCom+ Mcom?
Also do i need to do ECA for my wife's educational docs. She's a graduate. I am the Primary applicant not her.
Depends on the ECA so look up their requirements. For WES, usually only the highest degree.

Is your wife accompanying or not? Are you counting points for your wife? Are your points higher using her ECA and IELTS scores, and then accompanying vs non accompanying? You need to decide.