+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working hours

saver

Jun 17, 2009
Iam a foreign worker here in canada but we are sufferring terrilbly from no hours in our company,the contract that we signed shows that they will give us 40 hrs/week but unfortunately since we came here it never been fulfilled,and things are getting worser and worser,there are mths that we have only 3 days work.Can anybody specially you bc guys give me some advice on what to do.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are not obligated to give you 40 hours a week. If there is not enough work, consider yourself lucky they haven't laid you off completely. As a temporary worker, it would be close to impossible for you to get EI. What you can do is look for another job and try to get a new LMO and work permit or you can ask your employer to sponsor you for PNP although the problem with that would be that you have to stay with that employer, even if there is little work, until your PR comes through.

saver

Jun 17, 2009
THANK YOU LEON BUT WE ARE JUST WONDERING WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING ALWAYS 5 DAYS EVENTHOUGH ITS SLOW,AND THEY ARE SAYING ITS SENIORITY IS IT FAIR BASE ON LABOUR LAW OF CANADA PLS ENLIGHTHEN ME WITH THIS PRINCIPLE.1 MORE THING IF I FIND ANOTHER JOB AND GET ANOTHER LMO DO I NEED TO GIVE UP MY PREVIOUS LMO?DOES FINDING ANOTHER EMPLOYER WILL HAMPER MY SPONSORSHIP FROM MY 1ST JOB?DO I NEED TO START FROM ZERO FOR ME TO BE IN PNP NOMINATION IF I GET ANOTHER JOB?THANKS AGAIN.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find the BC employment standards act at http://www.bcest.bc.ca/ and you can contact them and ask. You can find the Canada labour laws at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/labour/labour_law/index.shtml Many companies do base something like this on seniority. I can't say if it's fair or legal. My employers have always just kept people based on who they need.

You can get a new LMO without giving up your old LMO but as soon as you use the new LMO to change your work permit, you can not work for the old employer anymore. You can not have a work permit for 2 employers. If you are already waiting for PNP, if you change jobs, you have to start again with the new employer.

salamn

Jul 7, 2009
HYE
I WANNA DO JOB IN CANADA BECOZ I LOVE CANADA. SOMEONE LEME ME
KNOW WHAT PROSES TO COME IN CANADA AND GET JOB OFFER I REALLY
NEED A JOB PLZ I AM PRETTY INTERSTED IN TO DO JOB ANY SUITABLE JOB
AS A WORKER ANY THING IF YOU GIVE ME I AM GONNA DO IT...

I LIKE CANADA

I LOVE CANADA

THANK YUO

IT WILL BE OBLIGED FOR ME

I AM SERIOUSE ABOUT IT.....//

Tear drops

Aug 4, 2010
Hey ppl whats up.. I would like am a dialysis tech and a welder with 6 G code. willing to lie and work in Canada. such a nice place to raise a fam and all. can any one help! :)

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
This is just some friendly advice, but don't post your resume here, this is not the place to do it.

If you still feel 'you have to', I strongly advice you research how Canadian resumes are made as the example above is not what the Canadian market is looking for. A site another member posts, that I find extremely helpful is www.careego.com.

Resume Samples/Styles
http://careego.com/ResumesLetters/ResumeDevelopment/ResumeStylesSamples/tabid/110/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

If you're applying to jobs, go to sites like www.workopolis.com, www.eluta.ca, www.indeed.ca