+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working hours not fixed

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,

My hours are not fixed at work. I work more than 30 hours in a week. Sometimes its 40 and sometimes its 35,37,40 and always fluctuate. My Job offer says 42.5.
How much hours should I put in express entry profile. I do a NOC B job. Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
What does your reference letter say? 42.5? Just put that. It doesn’t matter as your work hours exceeded 30 hours every week. It’s considered full time.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
What does your reference letter say? 42.5? Just put that. It doesn’t matter as your work hours exceeded 30 hours every week. It’s considered full time.
Yes my job offer says 42.5 per week. So I was thinking should I use average ? Like 37.5 because all my paystubs wont have 42.5

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes my job offer says 42.5 per week. So I was thinking should I use average ? Like 37.5 because all my paystubs wont have 42.5
Not your job offer but your work reference letter from your employer stating how long you’ve been working for that company. Will it state 42.5 or 37.5?

Adding paystubs is optional. See “proof of work experience” of what’s required. If your work reference letter has all of IRCC’s requirements, you don’t need to put paystubs as IRCC will look at your reference letters first.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Not your job offer but your work reference letter from your employer stating how long you’ve been working for that company. Will it state 42.5 or 37.5?

Adding paystubs is optional. See “proof of work experience” of what’s required. If your work reference letter has all of IRCC’s requirements, you don’t need to put paystubs as IRCC will look at your reference letters first.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Yes, the work reference letter. My employer is asking me what to write in that letter( Like how many hours). They are saying that they can write the current hours for this week and can write that I work less or more than those hours.

Yes I read paystubs are optional. Thanks for the clarification

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes, the work reference letter. My employer is asking me what to write in that letter( Like how many hours). They are saying that they can write the current hours for this week and can write that I work less or more than those hours.

Yes I read paystubs are optional. Thanks for the clarification
I see. If you feel more comfortable with 37.5 then do that. It’s still full time nonetheless. Be wary of stating “more or less” than 37.5, as less than 37.5 hours could vary between 0 to 37 hours per week, which could signal that there may be some weeks that you’re not working full time.

Maybe you could ask your employer to state that you work at least 37.5 hours per week? So it means it can go higher but not lower than 37.5.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
I see. If you feel more comfortable with 37.5 then do that. It’s still full time nonetheless. Be wary of stating “more or less” than 37.5, as less than 37.5 hours could vary between 0 to 37 hours per week, which could signal that there may be some weeks that you’re not working full time.

Maybe you could ask your employer to state that you work at least 37.5 hours per week? So it means it can go higher but not lower than 37.5.
Yes I think I will ask them to put 37.5. Yes you are right I won't say less hours that would mean 0 to 37.5. Thanks for the suggestion.