+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working hours for PR application

Gaurav_S

May 26, 2020
Hi, I am a casual employee and on my job offer it is mentioned weekly scheduled for 20 hrs but I work 37.5 hrs/week. can I apply for PR after the 1-year work experience, because even working as a casual employee soon I will gain enough hours (1560) that are required by IRCC?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi, I am a casual employee and on my job offer it is mentioned weekly scheduled for 20 hrs but I work 37.5 hrs/week. can I apply for PR after the 1-year work experience, because even working as a casual employee soon I will gain enough hours (1560) that are required by IRCC?
How many hours are you being paid and what is written on your pay slip?

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
your job title does not matter. As long as you work more than 30h/week, you can apply for CEC. As long as it's a NOC 0 A or B job

Gaurav_S

May 26, 2020
Ok, thanks. Ya, I am worried due to casual status and the scheduled hours (20hrs/week) mentioned on my job offer and employment reference letter. Do I or my employer need to submit an explanation letter that I am working >30 hrs/week and not 20 hrs? Yes, this job falls under the NOC B category.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Ok, thanks. Ya, I am worried due to casual status and the scheduled hours (20hrs/week) mentioned on my job offer and employment reference letter. Do I or my employer need to submit an explanation letter that I am working >30 hrs/week and not 20 hrs? Yes, this job falls under the NOC B category.
In the reference letter, your employer needs to write how many hours / week you've been actually working. Also pay slip might prove that too

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Your employer needs to write the 30hrs in your reference letter. You dont need to upload the offer letter which is written 20hrs on it, but most important is reference letter with the hours, paylslips, t4, bank statements if you have

Reactions: Gaurav_S

Gaurav_S

May 26, 2020
Your employer needs to write the 30hrs in your reference letter. You dont need to upload the offer letter which is written 20hrs on it, but most important is reference letter with the hours, paylslips, t4, bank statements if you have
Ok. thank you. HR has mentioned scheduled for 20hrs per week on my reference letter though I have been working >30 hrs/week as I am a casual employee. I think I can ask my employer to mention the total hrs I have worked since the joining date of my job.