+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working hours for EE

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys I have a question when preparing documents to show my employment.
I intend to submit pay check as a prove of salary and employment. But I find the working hours shown on the pay check are way less than my actual hours. And there are additions and deductions of numbers that I don't understand and will certainly cause confusion for others.
Would CIC determine my hours based on the pay check? Or they only look for salary figures on the pay check?
Help please :eek:

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinwang2012 said:
Hi guys I have a question when preparing documents to show my employment.
I intend to submit pay check as a prove of salary and employment. But I find the working hours shown on the pay check are way less than my actual hours. And there are additions and deductions of numbers that I don't understand and will certainly cause confusion for others.
Would CIC determine my hours based on the pay check? Or they only look for salary figures on the pay check?
Help please :eek:
Do you have reference letter and does it say you are a full time employee and also show hrs/week. If you have that, then you need not worry. If you plan to completely rely of your pay check to prove hours. Then they'll go by what the pay check says. You might have worked for additional hours than what is mentioned in your pay check but you are paid only for the hours mentioned in your pay check. Is Pay check the only proof that you plan to submit for employment ?

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
rajanvnv said:
Do you have reference letter and does it say you are a full time employee and also show hrs/week. If you have that, then you need not worry. If you plan to completely rely of your pay check to prove hours. Then they'll go by what the pay check says. You might have worked for additional hours than what is mentioned in your pay check but you are paid only for the hours mentioned in your pay check. Is Pay check the only proof that you plan to submit for employment ?
Yes Rajanvnv,
I have reference letter showing hours per week which contradicts with the hours on my paycheck. This is causing my concerns that CIC might be confused :'(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinwang2012 said:
Yes Rajanvnv,
I have reference letter showing hours per week which contradicts with the hours on my paycheck. This is causing my concerns that CIC might be confused :'(
If you are uploading reference letter, leave out the pay checks. Just ensure that the reference letter mentions your salary. That would suffice. No other proof required.