+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Hours Different in EE profile and experience letter

naila hammad

Mar 28, 2020
Hi all i have a question to ask when i create my EE profile i entered by mistake 40 hours per week in my Work experience in assistant accountant job and also i was eligible on the base of my this work experience but actually i have done 30 hours per week and i got the experience letter and payslips for 30 hours per week. Can someone please guide me what are the options i have does it effect on my eligibility or not.
Thanks

naila hammad

Mar 28, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have already received the ITA. Can you please tell me that can i change this thing in my EE profile?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
As per CIC working hours eligibility is:

at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)

So changing the working hours to 30 won't make any difference but as you have already received ITA, you will have to provide a letter of explanation, explaining in detail the reason for change.

naila hammad

Mar 28, 2020
No, you cannot change it in your profile. Since you already have an ITA, your EE profile is now locked.

As mentioned above, change it in the application questionnaire and upload a letter of explanation that explains why you made the change.
Ok thanks for the help

naila hammad

Mar 28, 2020
As per CIC working hours eligibility is:

at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)

So changing the working hours to 30 won't make any difference but as you have already received ITA, you will have to provide a letter of explanation, explaining in detail the reason for change.
Thanks for the reply

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hi all i have a question to ask when i create my EE profile i entered by mistake 40 hours per week in my Work experience in assistant accountant job and also i was eligible on the base of my this work experience but actually i have done 30 hours per week and i got the experience letter and payslips for 30 hours per week. Can someone please guide me what are the options i have does it effect on my eligibility or not.
Thanks
I have same situation. I put 40 hours. But on my job letter its 39. What u did at the end. What you will suggest??