+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visas for non-students (UK resident)

BigBadMal

May 9, 2010
Do Working Holiday Visas for non-students exist anymore? My girlfriend from the UK is looking to accompany me to Canada (I'll be working under a skilled workers visa for 12 months, no problems for me). The problem is that she wants to work too, but we aren't defacto or anything and her line of work doesn't fall into a skilled category, so a WHP visa is the only option that I know of.

The only one I could find is a visa through BUNAC - two problems with this. One, we are in Australia. Two, it says on their website that most visas in this category are filled by February which means they are unlikely to have any available. She doesn't really want to fly to the UK to apply for a visa either...especially if there aren't any available!

Anyone got any advice on this? BTW - we are looking at travelling July/August to live in Toronto for 12 months.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BigBadMal said:
Do Working Holiday Visas for non-students exist anymore? My girlfriend from the UK is looking to accompany me to Canada (I'll be working under a skilled workers visa for 12 months, no problems for me). The problem is that she wants to work too, but we aren't defacto or anything and her line of work doesn't fall into a skilled category, so a WHP visa is the only option that I know of.

The only one I could find is a visa through BUNAC - two problems with this. One, we are in Australia. Two, it says on their website that most visas in this category are filled by February which means they are unlikely to have any available. She doesn't really want to fly to the UK to apply for a visa either...especially if there aren't any available!

Anyone got any advice on this? BTW - we are looking at travelling July/August to live in Toronto for 12 months.
Her choice would be Bunac, and they won't open up again until Nov/Dec 2010.

BigBadMal

May 9, 2010
Bugger. So there's no alternative but to go through BUNAC for a working holiday visa if you are a non-student (talking about UK residents only)?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BigBadMal said:
Bugger. So there's no alternative but to go through BUNAC for a working holiday visa if you are a non-student (talking about UK residents only)?
Yes.

lakattack0221

Oct 5, 2010
I just graduated from University last December in the US. I'm very confused what is available to me. I've scoured the internet, and all I seem to find is conflicting information.

Can someone please explain to me what is available as far as a Working Holiday for a US citizen into Canada?

Thank you in advance.