+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday visa x2

emmagun30

Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone. I (an Aussie) came to Canada on a working holiday visa in 2016 until 2018. Before that visa expired, I was granted a new work permit - I'm now sponsored at my place of employment. This visa will expire in 2021.

I also have an active express entry application which is being processed. I'm in the applicant pool, as of May 2019.

Last week, my friend told me that she heard of recent visa changes, in that Australians (not sure what other countries) are eligible to get a 2nd working holiday visa. I applied immediately (for a chance to work elsewhere, as my work pays minimum wage and I'm struggling financially) and everything seems to be looking good. I have been asked to get my biometrics done before finalizing my submission.

Before driving 3 hours to get that done, I wanted to ask whether I am actually eligible, or whether it will get denied?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone. I (an Aussie) came to Canada on a working holiday visa in 2016 until 2018. Before that visa expired, I was granted a new work permit - I'm now sponsored at my place of employment. This visa will expire in 2021.

I also have an active express entry application which is being processed. I'm in the applicant pool, as of May 2019.

Last week, my friend told me that she heard of recent visa changes, in that Australians (not sure what other countries) are eligible to get a 2nd working holiday visa. I applied immediately (for a chance to work elsewhere, as my work pays minimum wage and I'm struggling financially) and everything seems to be looking good. I have been asked to get my biometrics done before finalizing my submission.

Before driving 3 hours to get that done, I wanted to ask whether I am actually eligible, or whether it will get denied?

Thanks
If you participated before 2015, then you are eligible for a second 2 year IEC. Otherwise your only option would be the International Co-Op stream (which would require your work in Canada to be part of a school program). See official details on the IRCC website below regarding the number of participations allowed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=au&cat=wh&#country_category_name_cont

emmagun30

Sep 17, 2018
If you participated before 2015, then you are eligible for a second 2 year IEC. Otherwise your only option would be the International Co-Op stream (which would require your work in Canada to be part of a school program). See official details on the IRCC website below regarding the number of participations allowed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=au&cat=wh&#country_category_name_cont
Thanks for your reply. I've heard the 2015 rule before, but I thought it was odd to get as far as needing biometrics before the final submission.
With my express entry application, I was refused twice before finally being eligible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. I've heard the 2015 rule before, but I thought it was odd to get as far as needing biometrics before the final submission.
With my express entry application, I was refused twice before finally being eligible.
Sorry - I can't help you with that question. All I can do is point at the official rules. If there had been any changes, they would be posted to that site when you select your country. Good luck.

emmagun30

Sep 17, 2018
Sorry - I can't help you with that question. All I can do is point at the official rules. If there had been any changes, they would be posted to that site when you select your country. Good luck.
No worries, I appreciate your help :)
Thank you