+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa - Questions

BaileySponge

Mar 15, 2010
can someone help me sort this out?
so...

A US citizen can apply for a working holiday visa, which grants them to work in canada for a maximum period typically of 1 year.

Is this for people who are students only?
Can a person with a working holiday visa move wherever they choose in canada during their stay?

my boyfriend is a student at a college in the united states, so ....he can apply for this type of visa, and live with me and work?

also here is a very important question: if he is granted the working holiday visa, would that interfere in any way for when i submit the application to bring him peranent resident status in canada as my spouse? could this hinder my spousal application in any way?

thank you, any information about holiday working visas is much appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BaileySponge said:
can someone help me sort this out?
so...

A US citizen can apply for a working holiday visa, which grants them to work in canada for a maximum period typically of 1 year.

Is this for people who are students only?
Can a person with a working holiday visa move wherever they choose in canada during their stay?

my boyfriend is a student at a college in the united states, so ....he can apply for this type of visa, and live with me and work?

also here is a very important question: if he is granted the working holiday visa, would that interfere in any way for when i submit the application to bring him peranent resident status in canada as my spouse? could this hinder my spousal application in any way?

thank you, any information about holiday working visas is much appreciated.
1. The visa for US citizens is only SWAP and is only for 6 months Students 18-30
2. They can go where ever they wish.
3. Has no effect on spousal visa.

PMM