+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa Proof of Funds in Friend's account

Harder

May 29, 2018
So my gf has received her POE letter and we decided to send her money into my Canadian bank account from her Japanese account. She will open her own account when she gets here and we'll transfer it over then.

Will it be acceptable to show my bank account statement with her funds in it when she arrives in Canada as proof of funds?

Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personally for IEC do not think that will work given the guidelines specifically ask for the applicant to show their recent bank statement not someone else’s. It is often reported they never ask for anything but there will always be the day they do and they are still hot on travel insurance for the full term of the permit. Also although I am personally not certain but alternative to a statement is possibly 2500 in cash.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/prepare-arrival.html

Harder

May 29, 2018
Ok thank you!

I'm assuming that the bank statement has to be something given by the bank staff? Or can the bank statement just be the receipt printed from the ATM, or the bank book? Or could she just show a screenshot of her online bank account?

If she needs to print it out and have it then translated, its probably easiest to just carry the cash.