+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa: Medical Exam Problem

Chuntar

May 23, 2018
Hello everyone. I am writing on behalf of my girlfriend who recently entered Canada on a working holiday Visa.

Typically, a working holiday Visa lasts 12 months. However, at immigration, her duration of stay was reduced to 6 months. The immigration worker stated that this was because her medical exam was conducted in 2017 rather than 2018. She has lived in South Korea for more than 6 months, which is designated as a country that requires a medical exam. Therefore, her medical exam is invalid.

Now that she has entered the country, is there any way she can get an updated medical exam and extend her Visa to the original 12 months duration?

She is quite distraught on the matter. The company she hired to guide her through the Visa process made no mention of an updated medical test. Perhaps using a third party organization was a bad idea. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I am writing on behalf of my girlfriend who recently entered Canada on a working holiday Visa.

Typically, a working holiday Visa lasts 12 months. However, at immigration, her duration of stay was reduced to 6 months. The immigration worker stated that this was because her medical exam was conducted in 2017 rather than 2018. She has lived in South Korea for more than 6 months, which is designated as a country that requires a medical exam. Therefore, her medical exam is invalid.

Now that she has entered the country, is there any way she can get an updated medical exam and extend her Visa to the original 12 months duration?

She is quite distraught on the matter. The company she hired to guide her through the Visa process made no mention of an updated medical test. Perhaps using a third party organization was a bad idea. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Not sure it's going to be possible to extend or not. See the following link for info that might be helpful:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/extend-change.html