App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
I'm from Germany and currently in Ontario on a Working Holiday visa which will run out in mid-September. According to what I read on this forum it is possible to change my Working Holiday visa to a tourist visa to extend my stay for up to six more months. Is that true? If so, how do I do that i.e. where do I get the forms and what office do I send them to? Also, to "activate" the tourist visa do I have to leave and re-enter the country?

I'm also considering to apply for a Young Professionals visa once the next round begins in December '14(?). So the plan would be to have my Working Holiday visa changed to a tourist visa in mid-September and while I'm here on the tourist visa apply for a Young Professionals visa. Is that possible?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Teekatze said:
I'm from Germany and currently in Ontario on a Working Holiday visa which will run out in mid-September. According to what I read on this forum it is possible to change my Working Holiday visa to a tourist visa to extend my stay for up to six more months. Is that true? If so, how do I do that i.e. where do I get the forms and what office do I send them to? Also, to "activate" the tourist visa do I have to leave and re-enter the country?

I'm also considering to apply for a Young Professionals visa once the next round begins in December '14(?). So the plan would be to have my Working Holiday visa changed to a tourist visa in mid-September and while I'm here on the tourist visa apply for a Young Professionals visa. Is that possible?
1. See:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp If approved it will be mailed.
2. 10. May I apply for the IEC initiative if I am not in Germany?

Providing you are eligible, you may submit an application while you are temporarily outside Germany (e.g. if you are in another country on a youth exchange or study program). You must provide a mailing address in Germany. If your application is successful and you are already in Canada, you must exit Canada and re-enter with your Letter of Introduction in order to obtain your work permit. Re-entry may occur through any Canadian port of entry.

3. If you are eligible for Young Professionals

Eligibility Criteria for the Young Professionals Category

have received a signed letter of offer or contract of employment in Canada that is related to your field of professional expertise (degree and/or work experience) and that supports your career development (progression or lateral movement);

You should post in the Work Permit Section.