+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday - medical exam

karameline

May 28, 2016
Hello!

I am originally from Latvia but I am studying in the UK. According to info given in their website, I do not need to take medical exam since I spent last 3 years in England. However, when I accepted the invitation for Working Holiday, I got told that I need to take that medical test. Is it some sort of mistake or it actually depends on nationality rather than residence? Please help !!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
karameline said:
Hello!

I am originally from Latvia but I am studying in the UK. According to info given in their website, I do not need to take medical exam since I spent last 3 years in England. However, when I accepted the invitation for Working Holiday, I got told that I need to take that medical test. Is it some sort of mistake or it actually depends on nationality rather than residence? Please help !!
looks like an error as the site says if from Latvia and only if have lived there for 6 months in the 12 months before coming to Canada would need a medical. Did you put Latvia as your main residence or UK ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp#l assuming also you are also not planning to work with children or in a health related occupation whilst on IEC as medical would then be required. Maybe try a case specific enquiry https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
karameline said:
Hello!

They can certainly decide to do so.