+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Full while registered as part time student in the last term

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
I don't think it will be problem though, as you already applied nd got PGWP and i assume you had already provided this info in PGWP application. They would have questioned you on it if it was a problem for them.

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
well the status i had was of a part time student at my university. The transcript says nothing about my status but i paid part time fee as i was waiting for my defense.

I was not enrolled in any course as such, but to defend your thesis you have to have a continuous registration at UNB

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
I don't think it will be problem though, as you already applied nd got PGWP and i assume you had already provided this info in PGWP application. They would have questioned you on it if it was a problem for them.

yes, when i was applying i provided all the information

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
You should be fine. You have already got PGWP so don't worry. Plus you can't do anything to change it now, so just go ahead with PR application

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
Technically i received my PGWP in May, so should i wait until next month to apply or the period after applying for PGWP also counts towards

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Some VO count that period also but many don't. Unless you are running out of time, I would suggest waiting till may and apply in your 54th week of work after PGWP issue date.

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
chandansingh said:
Technically i received my PGWP in May, so should i wait until next month to apply or the period after applying for PGWP also counts towards

I saw a few other forums as well where ppl had the same problem: These ppl were applying for PR and they were working full time and registered as part time student in university. I looked for any answers on those forums but unfortunately no updates to what happened to their application.

They should contribute to the posts with their results so that others can benefit from it.

Just a thought

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nov1061 said:
Hi,
would be such a foreign experience counted towards EE if the job was full time while studying?
Any foreign experience gained while studying will be considered for FSW experience. Now the question that whether it will be considered full-time/part-time will depend on the number of hours of work. If it has been 30 hours or more per week, it will be considered full-time and if it is 15 hours or more per week but less than 30 hours, it will be considered as part-time.