+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Full while registered as part time student in the last term

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
Hey folks,

In my last term of masters i was only waiting for my report defense and so i registered as part time student. Meanwhile I got full time a job offer and i worked full time for 4 months while being a pert time student.

I am applying for my PR now and wanna know if someone faced similar situation and what was the outcome.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
chandansingh said:
Hey folks,

In my last term of masters i was only waiting for my report defense and so i registered as part time student. Meanwhile I got full time a job offer and i worked full time for 4 months while being a pert time student.

I am applying for my PR now and wanna know if someone faced similar situation and what was the outcome.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.
Are you located within Canada?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
If you are applying for EE , Working after you get your PGWP is considered as Canadian exp.

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
Thats fine.
i just completed my 1 year of experience with my company EXCLUDING the time i was a part time student.

I am only worried whether they will consider my 6 months as illegal work because i was working full time even though i was a part time student.

And yes i am applying through EE

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
depends if you were on a study visa whilst working full time which would be against the rules as only 20 hrs a week allowed on study visa

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
You can work full time on study permit, if you are part time student, during reading weeks, during regular semester break, or during summer semester break. You cannot if you are registered for 9 or more credits in any semester.

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
one more thing,

I completed my studies in January and received the letter from university about my graduation in late february around 17-18. Unfortunately i did not applied for my PGWP until march 10 and i was still working full time. Will that create an issue, i mean i didnot applied for my PGWP for 10 days ?

Any ideas

chandansingh

Apr 11, 2016
I was just writing my thesis and waiting for the defense and IN UNB masters credit is 9 credits, so i had to enroll in that program regardless.