+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for same company which changed locations. What should I put for PR application?

gratedcoconut

May 25, 2023
Received ITA yesterday and have a query regarding work history.
I am working for a company for a little over a year now, but the address of the company had changed around 5 months ago, because they shifted locations. This means that my job offer letter has the company's old address, where I worked for the initial half, and I am currently working at the new address.
1. Which address should I put under work history?
2. Should I add both addresses? Is there a way to do that?
3. Should I ask my employer for a new offer letter with the new address?
Not sure how I'm supposed to go about it. Please advise, thanks.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
This is not a big deal. Use the new address on all documents. Ask your employer to give you another letter with the updated address on it, if you can't get a new one that is not an issue. You will need to explain the difference in a letter of explanation. Additionally, is the new address on any other document like a previous payslip or new address on your Tax T4? You use these to show that you are still with the same company just different physical address.

gratedcoconut

May 25, 2023
Thanks for the reply!
This is not a big deal. Use the new address on all documents. Ask your employer to give you another letter with the updated address on it, if you can't get a new one that is not an issue. You will need to explain the difference in a letter of explanation. Additionally, is the new address on any other document like a previous payslip or new address on your Tax T4? You use these to show that you are still with the same company just different physical address.