+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for Canadian Company remotely but T4 mentioned outside of Canada

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I complete my 1 year work experience in canada. My offer letter mentioned that i work for Canadian Company but my company has no physical location in canada. I get salary slips and that also mentioned the Canadian company name. The company also deduct Canadian federal taxes. However when i get T4 today, it was mentioned my work province as Outside Canada. When i ask them, they informed me that since i don't have a office location, all employees are tied to the head quarters. What should i do about this? Thanks for response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I complete my 1 year work experience in canada. My offer letter mentioned that i work for Canadian Company but my company has no physical location in canada. I get salary slips and that also mentioned the Canadian company name. The company also deduct Canadian federal taxes. However when i get T4 today, it was mentioned my work province as Outside Canada. When i ask them, they informed me that since i don't have a office location, all employees are tied to the head quarters. What should i do about this? Thanks for response.
How can a Canadian company have no physical location in Canada? Is this a PEO?

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
How can a Canadian company have no physical location in Canada? Is this a PEO?
The company registered and Incorporated in BC. But no physical office. Payroll handled by PEO but i am employeed to the Canadian Company legal entity it goes as XXX canada inc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The company registered and Incorporated in BC. But no physical office. Payroll handled by PEO but i am employeed to the Canadian Company legal entity it goes as XXX canada inc.
The issue is that it is a PEO, and company needs a physical office not just be registered. Not sure what you can do because T4 is correct.

• Sad
Reactions: nathahakck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......