+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for Canadian Company Outside of Canada

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
Hi,
I am a Canadian Citizen and I work for a Canadian Company outside of Canada. I get paid in Canada and am a resident for tax purposes so I pay my full taxes every year.

On the document checklist I need check one of the boxes as follows:

If you are working in Canada
If you are not working in Canada

There is no option for:
If you are working outside of Canada for a Canadian Company and are a Resident for Tax Purposes.

I have no problem supplying the documents they require. However, I don't know which box to check.

Thanks for any ideas.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi,
I am a Canadian Citizen and I work for a Canadian Company outside of Canada. I get paid in Canada and am a resident for tax purposes so I pay my full taxes every year.

On the document checklist I need check one of the boxes as follows:

If you are working in Canada
If you are not working in Canada

There is no option for:
If you are working outside of Canada for a Canadian Company and are a Resident for Tax Purposes.

I have no problem supplying the documents they require. However, I don't know which box to check.

Thanks for any ideas.
Can you be specific? What are you applying for?
You have posted under permanent residency obligations, but you are a Canadian Citizen already?

Reactions: k.h.p.

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong location. My wife is applying for permanent residency and I am her sponsor.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong location. My wife is applying for permanent residency and I am her sponsor.
Since you are Citizen you need to declare intent to relocate to Canada (physically), working for Canadian company or paying taxes is not equal to be there.
If you were just PR you would have to be in Canada during whole sponsorship process.

Reactions: dpenabill

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
Since you are Citizen you need to declare intent to relocate to Canada (physically), working for Canadian company or paying taxes is not equal to be there.
If you were just PR you would have to be in Canada during whole sponsorship process.
Thanks for that. I do understand that I need to declare intent with some kind of proof. My question was more about which check box to tick as it seems I do not fall under either of the check boxes. Should I click the one that says: You are not working in Canada and then provide evidence that I have the income from the Canadian company to support my family?

Also what would be accepted as proof that I'm going to relocate to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for that. I do understand that I need to declare intent with some kind of proof. My question was more about which check box to tick as it seems I do not fall under either of the check boxes. Should I click the one that says: You are not working in Canada and then provide evidence that I have the income from the Canadian company to support my family?

You are not working in Canada. Proof of intent would be job waiting for you in Canada, proof that you have been applying for jobs in Canada, giving notice to your employer, looking for accommodations in Canada, having arranged accommodations communications with friends and family about your return to Canada, etc.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Not working in Canada (meaning you are not physically in Canada). One option is also agreement with your current employer that they would offer you position in Canada for example.

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
Not working in Canada (meaning you are not physically in Canada). One option is also agreement with your current employer that they would offer you position in Canada for example.
Thanks for your idea. I will request this letter.

ChellGouda

May 6, 2019
You are not working in Canada. Proof of intent would be job waiting for you in Canada, proof that you have been applying for jobs in Canada, giving notice to your employer, looking for accommodations in Canada, having arranged accommodations communications with friends and family about your return to Canada, etc.
Thanks Those are excellent ideas and I will take note and apply them.