Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this:

Hubby is working from within Canada, but he does website management for a UK company. He is paid in Pounds into a British account, then we transfer the money to our Canadian account.

Does anyone know how the taxation would work on this? What would we declare in our taxes at the end of the year, since he's already being taxed at the source in the UK?

EDIT: Should mention that I am Canadian and hubby is PR.

Thanks! :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you know the tax treaty, hire a competent accountant to do the taxes for you.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katelynlc said:
Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this:

Hubby is working from within Canada, but he does website management for a UK company. He is paid in Pounds into a British account, then we transfer the money to our Canadian account.

Does anyone know how the taxation would work on this? What would we declare in our taxes at the end of the year, since he's already being taxed at the source in the UK?

EDIT: Should mention that I am Canadian and hubby is PR.

Thanks! :)
I second steaky. UK tax year is April to March, Canada its Jan - Dec so youa re already having a yearly split. Factor in different tax rates especially for high income earners, the fluctuating exchange rate mostly in favour of the dollar, complex tax credit systems especially if you have dependents and you need to really know what you are doing.